Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee Costs

Options
  • 26-04-2006 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking at taking on an employee, and I was hoping someone here could let me know about the costs are involved.

If I want to pay someone 9 Euro an hour how much will that end up costing me, in terms of employers PRSI and other costs etc.

Thanks

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Its either 8% or 10.75% depending on the gross wages paid.
    You need to check out the DSFA (Dept social & Family affairs) website for exact details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Also don't forget other costs, like employee insurance, manual handling / safe pass training etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Vazelothir

When evaluating total overheads (inc. computers, desks, insurances, stationery, light & heat etc.) often an extra 40% to 45% of the base salary is used to estimate the total actual cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

And dont forget to add 13% to cover holidays and Bank Holidays. Then add PRSI etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Vazelothir wrote:
    When evaluating total overheads (inc. computers, desks, insurances, stationery, light & heat etc.) often an extra 40% to 45% of the base salary is used to estimate the total actual cost...
    My old boss, a MBA no less, told me a common method of roughly working it out is to double the gross salary. Slightly over what you say but an easy aproximation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

Thanks for all you advice.

I have one more question, does anyone have a rough idea how much rates on a retail unit are or how they are calculated

Cheers

B2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 raxall

Vazelothir wrote:

40%? damn thats expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

rates are calculated based on the rateable value of the property multiplied by a factor which is decided by the council. The valuations office has an online database of property RV's if you search around for it. see for example http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=66&deptid=6&dpageid=91

Advertisement