Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAW PC Demo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Paid 45 for the PC version in Gamestop. Ah well, it was convenient to get to. Only got to play it for 10 minutes so far, but graphics are quite impressive. When configuring the graphics options I only have 'medium' for texture quality. Is 'high' reserved for 512MB cards? (I'm playing on a 7800GT).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Turned Sound from Extreme to Medium and gained 45 FPS :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You got an X-fi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nope defaults to Extreme for some reason.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Darwin wrote:
    When configuring the graphics options I only have 'medium' for texture quality. Is 'high' reserved for 512MB cards? (I'm playing on a 7800GT).
    Yep, altough there's an xml sitting around somewhere you can use to set different types of textures to high (kinda silly that they didn't let you pick and choose in the menu). With all of them set to high they need over 300Mb of memory, so a 256Mb card would grind to halt

Kdjac wrote:
    Turned Sound from Extreme to Medium and gained 45 FPS
    Extreme sound requires a card capable of 64 to 128 voices, afaik the x-fi is the only consumer card capable of this, so there was probably a lot of extra work being done by the CPU try to sort out priorities onwhich sounds to play, 45FPS though, wow !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

stevenmu wrote:
    What's you graphics card ? A lot of people have been having that problem with the nVidia FX cards (5 series), unfortunately they don't seem to be supported by the game, it requires a 6 or 7 series card which is funny because for ATi cards the 9600xt upwards is supported

LoL I've a 2.3 Ghz, 512 ram, geforce 4800ti.... i think i'm out of my depth, I'll try my sisters pc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, it won't play at all on 4800 at the moment, altough in one of the config files there's a list of supported cards that goes all the way down to 3 series cards, so when mods start coming out someone may figure out a way to get them working.

Advertisement