Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still not handed in the geography

• 26-04-2006 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Just wondering did many people not write it up yet. I didn't doing it tomorrow after school. I have it typed and **** just not in that pink booklet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I haven't done it yet. I've a couple of drafts done, but my school hasn't exactly been forthcoming with details of what we're meant to do. The whole thing is a bit of a mess, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Doin it later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Ive filled all my writing in doing the rest tomorrow morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I don't do the subject but our school is handing them up tomorrow I believe. I may be wrong but the Geography seems to have been one mess after another this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

NADA wrote:
    Just wondering did many people not write it up yet. I didn't doing it tomorrow after school. I have it typed and **** just not in that pink booklet!
    We only got our booklets today, kinda the dept. fault and anyway the booklets are not sent away yet. Thay are kept in your school until you do the exam in june. So to answer your question I've nothing done in the pink booklet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I have everything done par the conclustion were I have just started on it. Going to write it all in the book 2moro at school. Might do the into & plannin 2nite.

Just as a matter of interest,has anyone else been told to stick photographs in?My teacher is telling us to..but the book said otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

ye the book says u not supposed to stick them in..but my teacher jus put them in with it ..jus for a good impression..i sent these off about 3 weeks ago probably longer

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

We were told not to put any documents (photos, etc.) in with them and I've had to draw pictures of an old and present mill by hand which has been a total disaster as I'm a dire drawer :(

The whole thing does seem a shocking mess and even the most clued up Geog teacher in our school (renowned all over Galway for being so good) doesn't know what's going on :confused:

We've also put some questionnaires on the graphs page and not counted them toward the word count (which is an annoying pain in the ass as I'm not sure if it'll **** us up :mad:).

I'm in the middle of doing mine now (taking a break). The hand-up date is exceptionally stupid as surely someone should have realised it would be difficult after the Easter break :rolleyes:

Its about as well organised as the rest of the subject has been this year...pain in the ass.I presumed that they shouldn't be added so I made sure I drew everything in.

Our geography teacher doesn't seem to have a clue either,she changes her mind frequently about what should be in it.(Then again..so are the department apparntly)

I used the graph paper to avoid a little bit of the word count as well,but my total writing added up to 965 words..1000 words seems like a stupid limit for what you need to explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've finished my final draft and we're writing them up tomorrow. I'm glad to hear everyone else doesn't have a clue what's going on. They gave us nothing; no sample answer of marking scheme for the field report. No one has a clue what's going on.

I'm a bit worried about my wordcount too, at the moment it's clocking in at 1170 words. My teacher said if i cut it down to 1100 or so it'd be fine, apparently they're not going to be too strict on the wordcount. They better not.

I generally don't have a clue what's going on in Geography to be honest. I wish the department would take a look at some of the threads here and see how clueless and worried we all are. It's a joke tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I'm handing mine in on tuesday. Lads don't put any extra photos, pages etc. in. The examiners have been told that this is not tolerated and will lose you marks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

*Tripper* wrote:
    I'm handing mine in on tuesday. Lads don't put any extra photos, pages etc. in. The examiners have been told that this is not tolerated and will lose you marks!

:mad: :mad: shushh....;)

dont listen to him lads, its ok to put in photo's. they add a bit of colour and variety to the booklet.

as for me, im all finished. flawless if i do say so myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

ive had mine written into the pink book since mid-february,my teacher reconswere all looking at at least b3s, some of us even higher, but we did the fieldwork in december of 5th year so have had 2 years nearly to prepare it:D

Now history on th other hand is somthing i need to do :rolleyes: tomorrow:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

our whole class wrote up our stuff last september at the start of 6th year so from there all we had to do was to wait for the booklets to arrive and we got everything in..my geo teacher is one of the head examiners in leaving cert geo so shes knows whats going on and how they will be marked...

Do not stick anything in! absolutely not!

Our Teacher bumped into the examiner on Monday, word count will not matter. (I wasn't going to take heed of it anyway, you could only lose a maximum of 6 marks for it..., why lose 4 SRPs and 8 marks by trying to cut down your writing to save 6?)

NO Bullet Points, Word Count no matter (just don't add in extra lines to the book and stuff like that), no sticking pages/photographs in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

i am of the opinion that all this confusion will work to our advantage. We should have organised it so that not one student wrote one word in the booklet. I mean in the whole country! That means the FS would not be marks and they would have to judge us on the paper itself alone as they need to have a certain percentage of A grades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ahha, i thought i was a mess, you guys are all a disgrace :p all i need to do is one more result table, and the evaluation, did conclusion, and a few sketch maps earlier on today. History however, thats not going to get written up till tomorrow morning :eek:

Do not stick anything in! absolutely not!

NO Bullet Points, Word Count no matter (just don't add in extra lines to the book and stuff like that), no sticking pages/photographs in.

:cool: how is this advice benefiting YOU? it's not, it's bumping everyone elses marks up which means you'll stand a greater chance of you marks going down.

this is a competition. every man for himself. help another and your taking from yourself.

Sound...

this is a scratch my back and i'll scratch yours kind of place, if you don't like it, leave...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

handed in about an hour ago.. done and dusted.. teacher said it was superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

smemon wrote:
    :cool: how is this advice benefiting YOU? it's not, it's bumping everyone elses marks up which means you'll stand a greater chance of you marks going down.

this is a competition. every man for himself. help another and your taking from yourself.

*cough* karma.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

handed in mine today, thank god its over with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Spent 5hrs in school doing it today.....it's good I suppose. Some of the colouring in the graphs looked a little childish though. I clocked in at a very rough estimate of 1086 words

Sound...

this is a scratch my back and i'll scratch yours kind of place, if you don't like it, leave...

nobody ain't gonna be running to you in august, thanking you for getting them an extra few marks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

im a jc cert student in geography and i heard that you only need 400 words or so in the FS for leaving cert to get full marks.

JSK 252 wrote:
    im a jc cert student in geography and i heard that you only need 400 words or so in the FS for leaving cert to get full marks.
    Good thing you're a junior cert student...you havent much sense

smemon wrote:
    nobody ain't gonna be running to you in august, thanking you for getting them an extra few marks ;)

true, but someone who i help here might be able to help me in another subject along the way...

that's what i mean..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Didnt go to one class yesterday. I had all the writing done but as for the graphs I only had about 3/4s done. Told my teacher at the end of school then he said "ok give it to me on tues" and I was goin mad becasue I found out at lunch that the other class didnt have to hand them in till tues and I asked him we could do the same and he said no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

To be honest I don't think it matters when you hand it in!

Advertisement