Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB throttling ports?

• 26-04-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i'm on breeze 2mb, which has been dire for months, sub 512k speeds with bursts of 1mb and a glimmer of 2mb once in a blue moon after 3am.

my current speed test readings
    Your download speed : 181 kbps or 22.6 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 48 kbps or 6 KB/sec.

recently, even with these crappy speeds the download speed of torrents is unbelievable (about 1.3kb/s) my upload speed is normal, ie, i could upload 50kb/s and still only download 1.3kb/s. i was wondering are ibb throttling ports? the torrents are healthy and have a few thousand seeders.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Don't think so. Clearwire do traffic shaping but as far as I know IBB don't block any ports or do traffic shaping. I have no problems getting 250k up and down for torrents on my connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Block fecking ports??? ROTFL If they blocked anything we may as well walk to each server and ask for the info in person :)

Advertisement