Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90i Problem.

Options
  • 26-04-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I've a T90i shower and when it is switched off it drips from the shower head every 5-10 seconds. It's wrecking my head - I can hear it when I'm trying to sleep:mad: .

Anybody any suggestions as to what could be causing it & how I'd go about fixing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Do you have any lime in your water. Sounds like the valve has build up and is leaking by. In the past I've used Kettle/washing machine de-scaler available in in .5 litre bottles from supermarkets. I run it through the inlet of the shower, wait a few minutes and flush through. It also cleans the element and gives it a new lease of life. It may be difficult to get the solution so you may have to isolate the water supply, brake the water connection and bleed it in that way. My shower has the advantage of a reservoir tank which makes it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Breaking the water supply will be no problem as the shower has a dedicated feed from the water tank in the attic. This feed has a valve on it so I can turn off the water to the shower. Should I run the descaler through on the cold setting? However, I don't think there is lime in the water as I never have to clean kettles, diswasher, etc. But when I moved into the house 6 months ago I had the metal attic tank replaced with a plastic one. For the first few weeks bits of plastic came out through the taps as the plumber left shavings in the tank from when he drilled the holes for the pipe work. Maybe some shavings are trapped in the shower preventing a valve from closing fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

There is a small filter on the inlet to the shower where the pipe connects it. It has probably collected the shavings that you were talking about. Remove the fitting and clean the filter.
    If you are going to descale then 1/2 drain the supply tank, add the descaler and oven turn on the shower for a short time to allow the water it. Let it sit for a while and repeat a few times. Fill the tank again and let it run a while to purge any traces of descaler.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

We had the same problem with our T90i shower....it started to happen after about year of use....

Anyway, the way we fixed it was to dismantle the head on the lead coming from it and to clean it (remove any grime that is blocking the nozzle) and put it back together.

It might not sound like much of a fix but... it fixed it for us and i know the sound...it was wrecking my head to for about a week.

Also if you leave a towel in the bath...it dampens the sound ...tempory fix until you get the nozzle cleaned

I'll go Mr. Daz's suggestion first - simply because it's the easiest. If I've no luck then I'll go for the descaling.

This drip has been going for months now - I just let the shower head hang into the bath now which elimates the drip!!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had this problem and triton fixed it under guarantee might be worth talking with the shop that supplied it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

An easy solution would be to put a facecloth on the showehead.

An easy solution would be to put a facecloth on the showehead.
    I'm assuming you mean to soak the water so as it doesn't drip. Unfortunately the facecloth would drip within 20mins:eek: . I removed and cleaned the shower head and no difference so it looks like descaling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

crosstownk wrote:
    I'm assuming you mean to soak the water so as it doesn't drip. Unfortunately the facecloth would drip within 20mins:eek: . I removed and cleaned the shower head and no difference so it looks like descaling.

We normally just replace the t90's if they are giving trouble , it might be just a bit of dirt in the shower itself thats stopping the valve from completely closing like the guys said above.
    I wouldn't bother descaling unless you live in a hard water area ,otherwise your wasting your time and money.

On the T90 ,inside it when you pull the cover off is a large circular plug with screw like line so you can unscrew it .
    If you turn off the water supply and open this it will let you at the inlet .

Whatever you decide to do ,always remember to bleed the air out of the pipe before turning the shower back on ,thats a little small plug above the inlet.
    Otherwise you will damage your shower unit.

Always turn the power off at the fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I had the same problem a few years ago with my T90. I contacted Triniton directly and was put through to a very helpful engineer. He got me to open up the electrical unit and simply got me to tighten a screw with a phillips head. If I remember correctly this was to regulate the water flow into the unit. I also remember having the instruction manual to hand at the time to guide me. This cured the problem and no more dripping.

Geld

• Advertisement

Thanks guys - I'm gonna see if I can download a manual for one before I tackle it - some good advice from you guys - thanks.

Advertisement