Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another first friday

Options
  • 27-04-2006 12:34am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friday fifth of may for drinkies?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Aha, beaten to it. Yeah, Friday sounds good to me. Beer, beer, banter/ripping the piss out of adam and vice versa (whichever is more easily available), and more beer.

Only question is, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

The first Friday of every month should traditionally be reserved for pennance and confession, oh how the world has changed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Glenman wrote:
    The first Friday of every month should traditionally be reserved for pennance and confession, oh how the world has changed.

Do these traditions stem back from when we were flinging poo at each other from the top of trees?

Besides which : have you ever been drinking with adam? That in itself is penance, and after a few jars "confessions" will likely happen too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

As long as we go through some ritual that makes us feel guilty and ashamed....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Again, drinking with Adam

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you're all really good, I'll fling poo at ye an' everyfing.

* Terms and conditions apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

*sigh* I'll be in Limerick, but I am off on holls the following day... so you guys will just have to fling poo without me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

well im working til half nine so expect me just after ten.

a quietish pub would be nice

Nicest quiet pub I can think of is the Abbey, on Gillabey street (just up and on the right from St Finbarre's cathedral). Not sure if that's deemed out of the way or not, and anyway aren't we overdue on some sort of pub crawl? G'wan adam, back me up on this one!

Is the Abbey the one with the massive geer barden? Lovely on a sunny day like, but woeful if it's raining and you have to mix with the loopy locals. Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

• Advertisement

I think you're thinking of the Tower, now sadly gone if I'm not mistaken. The Abbey is a small quiet pub just down from college road - the loudest thing I've ever seen on there is a pub quiz, although I've not been on a friday night before.

I still say we go for the crawl...any takers?

As long as you promise up front that there will be no tequila.

As long as you promise up front that there will be no tequila.

Well, it's a novel approach but I'm willing to try it ;)

Jagerbomb, anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

save one for me. ill be in late goddamn work so there wont be much crawling to do whne i arrive, just make sure ye're someplace nice with proper seats by the time i make my grand appearance

*bump

So is it a crawl or to the Abbey? We should really do polls for these things.....

It's possible CLUG will be meeting for beers Friday too, however I may not be able to make it. Dunno yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I wont be there on Friday, too many things on this week I'm afraid :(

Ah lads....come on now. Get your priorities right. Penance-drinking with adam first, then you can get the sinning out of the way with a clear conscience ;)

Anyway....who's in for the weekend? I'm free on friday, providing I don't have to move house (still a possibility). I reckon the Abbey is probably a better idea. What time? (I reckon 6ish, personally, but if adam's around no doubt lunchtime will be demanded as a start time...

I have to pick someone up at the airport, so if their flight is early, I'll be out; if it's late, I won't. Obvious reasons, same as why I suggest 5pm starts on First Fridays: By 9pm you're too drunk to notice the sea of moronic sheep gathering around you...

• Advertisement

gah, ye're all crap!

i'm free for drinks, as long as at least one other person comes i dont mind, drinking on your own in town is a wee bit sad. as before, i shall be in just after ten coz im comin straight from work.

OK, here's the plan. Abbey around 6ish. I'll be there, anyway.

(Adam, text me when you know if you'll be able to make it along or not...won't quite be the same without you there to hurl abuse at, I must admit....)

that's the one on gilabbey street?

Aye, that be the one. If you're heading up Gillabey street (Finbarre's Cathedral on your left) go around the corner on the right, it's about a minute up the street.

I should make it for six. Depends on traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Am going for drinks after work, so I'll try to be along later

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I have to pick someone up at the airport, so if their flight is early, I'll be out; if it's late, I won't.

Ditto for me I'm afraid. Fingers crossed for an early flight though!

No larting adam (or sympathising with LMM) tomorrow boys and girls, sorry; flight's coming in at 10:30.

No beer for the rest of the weekend either, got to rebuild a server.

Want beer. Want want WANT!

adam /stamps foot

Looks like it'll be a later start tonight than usual given that john and adam are both out. shall we say around 7:30/8ish in the abbey?

• Advertisement

Big O, small k (who else was watching BSG?). Might give us time to get some tea first.

Advertisement