Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four days to "10,000 Days"

• 27-04-2006 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Probably be out here on Friday though. Anyone else getting jittery? Just saw this on another forum:

pict00321es.jpg

Looks sexy. I hope it sounds sexy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Nice artwork. I'll be interested to hear how it sounds.

Should definetly be out Friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I will be interested to hear what it sounds like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Only 4 days? o YESSSS, i thought there was another while for it to come out, Thank you kind sir you have made my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm not a huge fan, I like Tool but I can keep my knickers dry, though I will be picking this up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

looking forward to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I got the album in Dublin on tuesday, legally. The 3D artwork is amazing. The lenses come built into the cover and really add to it. This is an album you have to buy. The music is amazing. It'll take weeks or even months to really get into it and be able to compare it to Lateralus. A few shops are carrying it already, have a look around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pants on fire

Who are they?! Never heard of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Take a look here

They're pretty big, but still seem to be "underground". A lot of metal fans haven't heard them. They don't really do interviews or stuff like that. The release albums at their own pace and have millions of fans all over the world, check out www.toolband.com or toolshed.down.net

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The artwork looks superb alright, but what would you expect? I can't wait to have it in my hands; that and the Pearl Jam album!!!

• Advertisement

flogen wrote:
    The artwork looks superb alright, but what would you expect? I can't wait to have it in my hands; that and the Pearl Jam album!!!
    Both albums, tool and pearl jam, have been on sale in sound cellar since yesterday. (No plug intended, it's the only shop I know who are selling them now)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

QuadLeo wrote:
    Both albums, tool and pearl jam, have been on sale in sound cellar since yesterday. (No plug intended, it's the only shop I know who are selling them now)

Yeah, sadly I'm not in Dublin at the moment; I just saw a poster in HMV with the two albums on it... they're taunting me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Ah nooooo!!! i taught it was a may release??? Anybody know if HMV or Virgin are selling it yet? Wont be able to get to sound cellar until atleast sunday, my only other alternative is to get it in that **** hole the square =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

so is it out Friday everywhere(might be a bit cheaper in Tower) or are we going to have to wait till Monday......Good God Im hyped for this!!!

As far as I know the release date is May 1st, the same as the UK. But HMV are putting it out tomorrow according to staff. Sound Cellar put it out yesterday as soon as it came in the door. I think you have to ask for it at the counter. I got it on tuesday from a mate who works in music shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

HMV said it was out tomorrow ... considerable debate in the Tool army over what was leaked - hoaxes etc. I like the single Vicarious - like all Tool tracks it grows on you. I expect the album to do same. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

QuadLeo wrote:
    Right that's it, i'm heading into town right now to pick up 10kd in SC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

QuadLeo wrote:

NO WAY

god damnit i wasted a day :(
    i have to wait until tomorrow

i had a horrible day, this would have been the perfect happiness-maker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dellboy101 wrote:
    fear not my friends.the waits over.just download directly from this link.http://www.haha.com
    not out till may 2nd so im sure you'll all go buy it then.use this as just a preview as if you love tool you'l buy the album.Its far different from anything they've done before.still class though.only thing is they couldve done with a few more heavy songs.got to love Danny carey's drumming tho.
    You can't post links like that here. That is illegal.
    I am reporting this, I suggest you edit it out of your message.

Another twat wiped from the gene pool. I do despise people who rejoice in ripping off good bands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I want this now....I hope to god I can get it somewhere maybe tomorrow.

I would be very surprised if it isn't available everywhere tomorrow. Most new releases are released on Fridays here, Mondays in the UK due to the different day the charts are collated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it is a good album. after quite a few listens i still dont think its better than the last 2 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sound Cellar has 50 copies yesterday, they were all gone by this afternoon.

It Fupping Rocks!

Yea, it sold out quick in sound cellar alrite. I think it rocks. Can't compare it to Lateralus or Aenima yet. It'll take months to appreciate it for what it is. It's a soundscape rather than rock album. It works as one, but when split up the songs lose their power, like Lateralus. I love #5 "The Pot" Maynards vocals are incredible. He sounds like a pop singer at the start (in a good way). I'd say they'll release "The Pot" as the next single.

Ye, it's out everywhere now. Looks so nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

QuadLeo wrote:
    Yea, it sold out quick in sound cellar alrite. I think it rocks. Can't compare it to Lateralus or Aenima yet. It'll take months to appreciate it for what it is. It's a soundscape rather than rock album. It works as one, but when split up the songs lose their power, like Lateralus. I love #5 "The Pot" Maynards vocals are incredible. He sounds like a pop singer at the start (in a good way). I'd say they'll release "The Pot" as the next single.

Yeah The Pot has the most striking vocals i think on the album. It takes a few listens, Vicarious is really good too i can see why its being released as the first single.

I have to say very good album overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

3 hours till break time, the square better have it, or there will be news reports on telly of me strangling one of the HMV/Virgin cashiers to death. I've been waiting years for this =*( i just want it in my hands.

Yes i guess sometimes i can get over-excitied.. :D

• Advertisement

FYI: Bucket loads in HMV Henry St. €19.99 ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement