Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia brakes question

Options
  • 27-04-2006 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭

My Skoda had a problem with it's brakes at the weekend, got a twisted pipe which burst and leaked all the fluid out. Got the car back home on a flatbed and stuck it into a garage on Monday. Replaced the pipe and bled the system, took it for a spin and pedal was very mushy( previously had been sharp) Brought it back the next day and brakes were bled again, pedal feel better but still quite a bit away from what they were. I checked on the net for soloution but only thing I could find was maybe the ABS module was not bled and this might account for spongy pedal, anyone know? Going to go back on Friday to garage to get it sorted. Any help greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

was the entire system bled, starting with the wheel furthest from the Master Cylinder?

Is another pipe on the way out?
    Possibly leaking seals?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

He sid the entire system was bled but judging by the pedal pressure I don't think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yup, sounds like they didnt bleed the entire system, probably still an airbubble in between the LR wheel and the master cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Thanks SouperComputer. :)

Advertisement