Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alliance Race?

Options
  • 27-04-2006 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kN6OYo3Wf8&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

I don't know how true or real this is, but it's interesting nonetheless.

There have been hundreds of rumours about which alliance race is next, whether this is it or not is of course anyone's guess.

In my opinion, I'd prefer them over draenai, but it doesn't tie in too well with the little place in Elwynn forest where you kill troggs at about level 5 or 6.

Anyone could do this with enough time and a customisable emulator (which does exist) so I am very cautious to proclaim it as true.

Cool though :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, something about it doesn't look quite right...

Although, if they wanted to add an ugly race for the Alliance, they hit the jackpot with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Can anyone take a screenie, don't have java in work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

As far as I can tell that area is "Old Ironforge" from the Caverns of Time (which it used to be possible to get into using a wallhack). Very very good fake though (if it is a fake)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm not rolling it. Unless it's unreally good, Im never rolling another serious ally toon. I made that mistake once, I'm happy with guilds etc, but I hate the alliance in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Hakumei Naru

I was discussing this with two friends today. Some think it may be ogres but one of my friends pointed out that it can't be because they simply won't fit in any of the buildings. I don't think Blizzard would be prepared to re-do the entire planet to suit one race.

Many said that the race was meant to be Pandaren but the chinese had issues with that so it wasn't allowed.

Some people joke about it being Murlocs....there are far too many Alliance quests to kill those annoying walking gurgling fish-freaks so I doubt it'll be them.

I had a good look at the draenai in the WoW art book. They look cool - I'd love to play one. Haha, my friend's arguement for them being the new race is that seeing as the Horde are finally getting a beautiful race then the Alliance should get an ugly one.

I hear the race is going to be from Kalimdor but it's probably just a rumour.

Either way, when that patch comes out.....all the servers will be filled with low level blood elves jumping like maniacs....especially if they somersault like night elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I've been told likliest is Furbolgs. Makes sense to me.

There are some friendly ones in Felwood so it would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Blood elves?

^I do have a theory that the new Alliance race could also be blood elves, only that they will still call themselves high elves. But to be honest I only thought about it for the laughter factor. It'll never happen that way but it would be funny if it did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

koneko wrote:
    Yeah, something about it doesn't look quite right...

Although, if they wanted to add an ugly race for the Alliance, they hit the jackpot with that one.

My thoughts exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

DapperGent wrote:
    I've been told likliest is Furbolgs. Makes sense to me.
    Hopefully we get timbermaw rep for killing them :p

Unlike the furbolgs and trolls there are no neutral or friendly murlocs...heck, they speak like drowning chipmunks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

RopeDrink wrote:
    I can honestly say I never thought about the whole Ogres 'fitting into buildings' point, well done... Although I'm pretty sure I've fought some small ogres... Well, ones NOT the size of the others found in, say, Dire Maul.

Eastern Stranglethorns has ogres which aren't much bigger than fat humans.

^ What?! As far as I remember....they're bigger than taurens...

^ What?! As far as I remember....they're bigger than taurens...

Hey, okay, I play a Gnome so my sense of anything bigger than me is a bit skewed, but I'm fairly sure they're weren't taller than me on my mount. And they're definitely a whole lot smaller than the DM ones.

I dunno, maybe it's because I haven't fought ogres in a while...just as far as I remember, they're huge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

well, we'll hopefully find out for sure within the week, at E3.

God...I can't wait to find out...I can't wait for the patch either...the blood elves home looks sooooo pretty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

When is this actually going to go live so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

For some reason, July is stuck in my head for this. Pay no attention, mind.

We'll find out when we can expect it at E3, only 6 days to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft-expansion/705785p1.html

Hummm if thats the new race... Well its **** looking tbh =(

But Draenei look cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Eredar or something... evolved from wisps ... what a jip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

It's going to be the Draeni.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Not draeni thanks be to jesus.

Its Eredar/Wisps. When the wisps blew themselves up at the world tree to defeat the legion, they took the form of the last thing they touched. An eredar. So theyre eredar with a night elf heart of gold. or something.

Basically its blizzard saying "A WIZARD DID IT".

Better than bloody dranai anyway.

Actually, it makes sense with what theyve already said : Watch for dispearing leaves (world tree), Youll say 'wtf' and then it will make sense (eredar? WTF? i guess it makes sense at a stretch) and that whole april fools that wisps were the new alliance race (remember that was posted the day BEFORE april fools with all the CMs saying 'yes, wisps ARE the new race)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

sunzz wrote:
    When is this actually going to go live so to speak.

Whenever the expansion comes out. Signs seem to be pointing to late Q4 release. Its blizzard though so dont make plans for 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

they look freakin cool. although wasnt it mentioned that the new race kept their shamanistic heritige? from the Wiki, they dont sound very in tune with nature to me.

but they do look freakin cool. especially that pic of the warlock.

Advertisement