Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backlash Predictions

• 27-04-2006 3:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

John Cena vs Edge vs Triple H (WWE Title)

I'm going to go with Cena for this one as I think the WWE want Cena vs RVD at ECW One Night Stand to set up his heel turn. I don't think Edge will be involved in the decision as they'll want to protect him so I see Cena pinning Triple H with the FU.

Shane & Vince vs HBK (& God apparently)

Will there be a twist in this match? Will Foley be HBK's partner? Who knows. I see Vince and Shane winning and HBK then taking some time off from wrestling.

Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin (Winner takes all)

I'm not sure what will happen here. I don't see the point in giving RVD the Intercontinental title nor do I think Benjamin will get the MITB shot. Tough one to predict but I see Shelton retaining the title and winning RVD's MITB shot only to lose it the next night on Raw.

Kane vs Big Show

This should be a wrestling clinic...or not. I'll go with Kane as they're promoting his movie right now.

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus (Women's championship)

This storyline seems to me to be waning so I'm not sure if they will put the title back on Trish to keep things interesting. It's a tough one to predict but I'll go with Mickie James.

Carlito vs Chris Masters

Carlito has shown alot of charisma in recent weeks whereas Masters is just a meathead. I'd be amazed to see Masters go over. I'll go with Carlito and I hope I'm right.

Ric Flair vs Umaga

I hope Flair watched the Youtube vid as Umaga can chop pretty well. ;) I'll go with Umaga due to interference from Armando Alejandro Estrrrrrada.

How do you see things going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
    you just got to feel that their going to take the title off Cena. never mind that he's not a popular champ, but its getting stale.

Verdict: HHH

MCMAHONS vs HBK and GOD
    Hbk will win. the mcmahons surely cant conquer both hbk's ego and thealmighty one. andf if hbk is going to step back out of the spotlight he'll want to do it with a win. don't forget the mcmahons are 2-1 up. should be a crazy stunt fest.

Verdict: HBK pins Shane

KANE vs BIG SHOW.
    kane's gonna win. i don't think that these two put on a bad big man match. kane will try to blind big show, or something like that( I know he tried to do it on raw but he'll finish the job)

verdict: Kane

Trish vs Mickey.
    i think trish will win it and turn heel in the process

Verdict Trish

RVD vs Shelton
    I agree with Mr Nice Guy, Shelton to win and then RVD to get the mitb back. Might not happen as quick as the next raw though

verdict: Shelton, after a briefcase shot

Carlito vs the Masterpiece
    I know cool and Chris Masters winning is not cool

Verdict: Carlito

Ric Flair vs Umaga.
    this one will not be pretty, chops and silly walk central and thats just umaga.

Verdict: Umaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill go with more or less the same as what MNG said.

I would prefer if Edge got the win in the triple threat, and have an inkling he will. Edge has an 'extreme' past, and could work well with RVD at One Night Stand.

From an interest point of view, I think that Edge should go over, as I feel that a HHH win would do nothing ratings wise, or storyline wise. A Cena win will just piss people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm gonna go and say Edge will win it, nobody really expects it from him, and wwe has had a tendancy to try and surprise people the last six or so months.

I don't care about this match, but, Shane and Vince to win.

RVD to win it all and getting the push of his life.

Kane vs Big Show

Kane

Mickie James

Carlito vs Chris Masters

Chris Masters cheats to win, keeping the feud going for a while.

Ric Flair vs Umaga

Unamag to win with interference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think Edge will be the designated jobber in the triple threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

hhh was eliminated from the rumble and jobbed to cena at wm. he has been very willing to put people over, but u gotta feel that he's gonna win. he's been losing regularly and i know that losses dont really harm him, but he ususally only does these things when he knoes he's gona get one back. ie edge dissing him backstage, then pinning him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

How about for RVd/Benjamin a DQ finish? Title doesnt change hands then and MITB remains in RVD's hands. DQ by Benjamin will create some nice heat for his new character. RVD picks up the win. Maybe Haas interferes and sets up an angle with Benjamin meaning the rivalry with RVD wont continue? I wouldnt expect and hope both superstars hold onto their respective titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

hard to call, they have to take the belt off cena soon, however i'm as inclined as Mr Nice Guy to think he'll retain, the stuff about the wwe title on the line at one night stand has been rubbished quite a bit so i don't see it happening. however i think RVD will take the title off Cena at summerslam

snore fest, hbk and shane are both very good in the ring, i'm just fed up of the feud and of the mr macmahonism, i reckon hbk will win by some divine intervention (Lights out etc)

have to agree with the earlier DQ idea, if rvd loses his shot after rey losing his shot, the actual events where they win the shot in the first place will become meaningless

Kane vs Big Show

Kane has to win, they are trying to turn him back into the monster, so story wise he needs to display his monster side and destroy big show, leading to big show coming back stronger and better

actually i'm boring of this one too, i think they should have victoria in the mix to try and spice this up, mickies arrival realy excited me (oh behave) for the womens mix but they quickly turned it into the same two horse race thats it's alway been, poxy handling has destroyed the womens division, unnless someone gets involved in this it'll be boring

Carlito vs Chris Masters

Carlito will cheat to win, they are quickly developing him along the old eddie lines of likeable rogue, only time wil tell if he has the same talent but i see him sneaking a win here.

Ric Flair vs Umaga

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cares, i see umaga winning as it's unhealthy to have your new monster unstoppable character lose so soon after entering, unnless flair cheats to win or else umaga gets dq for excessive violence (like not letting go of a chokehold after the 5 count) actually tyhats my call umaga DQ for something like that, a loss on his record but undefeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Hopefully this time HHH will win the title this (no point in tapping out at WM except to annoy me). But I'm going with EDGE on this one based on the fact thats it's the one you dont except to win that wins it.

Shane & Vince vs HBK & GOD

Hoping to see HBK steal the show like at WM. Dont know what this God thing is all about but it will probably become clear.

Rob Van Dam vs Shelton Benjamin

Cant see RVD losing this one but i can't see Shelton losing either. Could be a draw and DQ maybe.

Kane vs Big Show

I'd say Kane will win to prompt the movie. Should be a bad match though. Have never really seen to big guys put on a good match ever imo.

Would be a shame if Trish got the title back but i'll say she will.

Carlito vs Chris Masters

I'm going for Masters in this one because Carlito can't break the masterlock. Also if Carlito wins the Feud would be over since he's a face now.

Ric Flair vs Umaga

Umaga for the win. Is a weird character though. Armando Alejandro Estrrrrrada was a good choice to back him up imo.

Not a bad card for the show though not a good one either. Though their isn't much to work with atm. Shouldn't be too many surpises i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i'm getting bored of cena, let triple h win the damn title. that's my prediction triple to win by pinning edge :D and cena to turn heel at some point during the match or on raw...

would like to see hbk win this match, some one will probably interfere on shawn's behave, but the lights will go out, but when they come on again vince will be lying flat on his back and shawn will pin him.

i think rvd will win. he'll lose the I.C title at some point before one night stand.... shelton is not ready to have money in the bank, still can see him win the wwe title, but not yet.... expect charlie haas to interfere.

Kane vs Big Show

oh this should be so much fun:rolleyes: kane to win, he has a film coming out, plus the fact there trying to get him back to being a monster, kane is gone way to soft for my liking...

they ended mickie being trish waaaay to fast..... that sucked.... i was beginning to like this story. although trish playing mickie is funny.... um mickie to keep the title for another bit....

Carlito vs Chris Masters

love for carlito to win, but if this fued is to continue then masters will cheat to win.....

Ric Flair vs Umaga

meh, flair to win. but i cant for the life of me understand why umaga is getting a ppv match when he's only there 3 weeks.... the spirit squad are there 3 months and they still havent got a ppv match.....

over all not a bad backlash, i'm just thankful i dont have to pay for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jedge

since wwe are trying to impress people, i think there going to do it this way, or at least they should :

SHelton benjamin has being doing some extreme stuff!:P, so i think of shelton deafeating rvd in the MITB thing, and then triple h deafiting edge and cena in the TTM, but then benajmin cashing his money in the bank title and deafiting triple h, then on monday night triple h will be so screwed he wont be able to ask for his rematch, but shelton will then lose the title to rvd at ecw one night stand, and it will be triple h against rvd for the tittle at sumerslam, !:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xtreme_enigma

HHH

HBK

RVD

Kane vs Big Show

Kane.

Mickie (even though i want trish)

Carlito vs Chris Masters

Carlito (for sure ^_^)

Ric Flair vs Umaga

Umaga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm torn in this one. I want HHH to win but I think they might keep the title with Cena.

Shane & Vince vs HBK & God

Shane & Vince to win this....unless God performs some miracle...please let this be the end of the whole God storyline :rolleyes:

I think this may end in a DQ, with RVD keeping the MITB & Shelton keeping the IC title cos I think RVD would only win both but I don't think that will happen. Maybe a DQ caused by Haas!

Kane vs Big Show

Kane....cos of See No Evil

Tough to predict but I'm going for Mickie to retain the title!

Carlito vs Chris Masters

Carlito! Besides the fact that I don't like Masters, Carlito is the better wrestler and will probably win to be put over more as a face!

Ric Flair vs Umaga

Umaga. Probably another short match with interference from Estrada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Hard to call but I get the impression that Cena is going to drop the title alright. Normally, I'd say HHH would never do the job twice in a row but I just don't really get the impression he's going to take it yet. Also, being a 10 time champeen sounds better than an 11 time champ, other than that it's less times obviously.:D
    So, all that in account, I'm going to say Edge. I don't like him and I don't think he'll be a good champ but when have WWE ever agreed with me? Anyway, I think he's a more realistic opponent if they are going to put the title on RVD.

Shane & Vince vs HBK & God
    This has been going on too long so I don't really care but I reckon HBK will do it somehow, probably by some form of interference from God.

I'm almost certain they'll put the IC title on RVD. He can lose it again quickly and they're definitely not taking the MITB off him. In the mean time, it makes him more legit as a main-eventer (I wouldn't be that surprised if he wins pretty easily, without anyone interfering. Not saying that it'll go down like that but I won't be remotely surprised if it does).

Kane vs Big Show
    Kane. He's promoting a film.:p

Don't care but I'm going to say Mickie.

Carlito vs Chris Masters
    Probably Carlito to boost his facocity.

Ric Flair vs Umaga
    Umaga. But it will be crap and pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Flair, Masters, Mickie, Kane, RVD by dq, the McMahons, and Cena to win

Advertisement