Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to renew..

Options
  • 27-04-2006 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Poker.ie is up for renewal, we're currently with Novara IT, who seem to be fine, although I only got the first renewal notice today, 5 days before the date which is leaving it a bit tight if we happened to be on holidays etc. I know there is cheaper companies to get .ie's with, approx €30 per year compared to the €108 we pay Novara. Am I sacrificing anything by getting the €30 deal? How do I switch and will it be done within 5 days?

Any feedback is appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Given that you're using your own name servers and that Blacknight seem to be hosting the site, then I take it Novara/Register.ie are just providing the .ie registration service. In which case you've nothing to lose, by switching.

Transfer to another cheaper provider (LetsHost, or Blacknight) and a quick fax to the IEDR to authorise the transfer and you should be up and running within 24 hours. The last couple I've done have been done within 2 or 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for that, hmm, letshost are €45.97 inclusive of VAT and blacknight are €45 excluding VAT.

Do you have the number of the IEDR please and is it possible to email instead of faxing? Will be emailing from an @poker.ie address if that makes a difference.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

cormie wrote:
    Thanks for that, hmm, letshost are €45.97 inclusive of VAT and blacknight are €45 excluding VAT.
    Think of what you could buy with that 95c :D
    cormie wrote:
    Do you have the number of the IEDR please and is it possible to email instead of faxing? Will be emailing from an @poker.ie address if that makes a difference.
    Given the ease at which an email can be spoofed, the IEDR won't accept emails AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You would need to inform the new reseller that you are moving the domain to them and the transfer has to be via signed fax / letter (we accept scans)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Novara also do .ie domains for €49.99 http://www.hosting247.ie/ im surprised
    they didn't mention this when they asked you to renew.

• Advertisement

is hosting247 not a different company? Will I be able to simply "renew" my contract with them or will I have to transfer over to hosting247? I checked out novara/register.ie and they are €79.99 and then €39.99 for resellers.

cormie wrote:
    I checked out novara/register.ie and they are €79.99 and then €39.99 for resellers.
    Well some of us have always passed on savings to end users, so you could move the IE domain to us for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

There the same company novara launched hosting247 as part of their price reduction for .ie domains http://www.electricnews.net/send.html?code=9647285

Im surprised they haven't informed their customers.

blacknight wrote:
    Well some of us have always passed on savings to end users, so you could move the IE domain to us for €40

I might just go with you then since were with you for hosting too. Now is this €40 including or excluding VAT and how do I go about renewing the domain for €40 since it's €45 ex vat on your site?

Good job I chose not to get a 20% discount for a 10 year sub of the original .ie price, I had a feeling .ie's would eventually come down:cool:

cormie wrote:
    I might just go with you then since were with you for hosting too. Now is this €40 including or excluding VAT and how do I go about renewing the domain for €40 since it's €45 ex vat on your site?

Transfers to us are €40 :)

Pricing is ex-vat

http://blacknight.ie/transferdomains.0.html#Irishdomains

If you have any queries give us a shout

Michele

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll try and get around to that, you said earlier that it's ok to scan the letter, but it says on that page it must be faxed, is it still ok to scan instead? Would be a lot easier:)

cormie wrote:
    Thanks, I'll try and get around to that, you said earlier that it's ok to scan the letter, but it says on that page it must be faxed, is it still ok to scan instead? Would be a lot easier:)
    Scan is fine. I'll have a look at the wording on that page - thanks for the heads up

Great, we'll get that sorted soon. Thanks.

Sorry Blacknight, I got offered a renewal from Novara for €39.99, considering we've been with them since registration we will be continuing service with them. Sure we have hosting with you guys anyway;) Thanks very much for your help and I look forward to poker.ie's future with both companies:cool:

Advertisement