Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Options
  • 27-04-2006 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Watched this the other night...great stuff, really nice animation. Like the first one, it was initially made in English, featuring the voices of Dwight 'Murdock' Schultz, comedian Michael McShane and John 'Bender' Dimaggio. I feel like checking out the manga now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yep. It really is good overall. I like it's use of vibrant colours - wasn't expecting that. I think everyone who sees it is willing to forgive it's EXTREMELY cringeworthy moments near the end ("I've had... ENOUGH!") ... *vomit*.

The comic relief right-hand man is more irritating than having Donald Rumsfeld in command of anything greater than a safety-pencil.

Haven't seen the first D in years... don't remember thinking too highly of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Raziel wrote:
    Like the first one, it was initially made in English

Actually i never thought about that, im guessing its not japanese then. Bloodlust is a good vampire flick but thought the original vampire D was a bit pants, dont think i even watched it to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

Well, it's kind of a Japanese/US co-production. The original VHD wasn't bad-this boasts some beautiful animation, and decent characters, although it does have some corny cliches. As I said, I really like to check out the manga, especially considering it's illustrated by Yo****aka Amano. Volume 4 is coming soon from Dark Horse:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-664

:D "Yo****aka"?

Okay, that's ridiculous!!

If you check out the review in that link you'll see its a book not a manga. I was checking it out and was like...eeek words!!! Im sure its still good though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

:( Oh right...I suppose Amano is more of an illutrative artist than a 'comic book' one! Ah well. But there is VHD manga?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Truly exquisite film. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I loved it, really got into it. Great action, smooth and slick animation and swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Ah when I first got into anime I kept hearing about this.. saw Vampire Hunter D in a store one day and bought it and thought it had aged horribly.. didnt realize for ages that it was the origional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Great characters, great story, great animation, great scenes, great creativity.

Its great basically.

Art_Wolf wrote:
    Ah when I first got into anime I kept hearing about this.. saw Vampire Hunter D in a store one day and bought it and thought it had aged horribly.. didnt realize for ages that it was the origional :)

Theres such a HUGE difference between the original and bloodlust and so many people buy the original by mistake (ie me)! Wont recommend anyone to bother checking out the the original for it is pants compared to bloodlust :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

it serves as an excellent introduction to the world of manga!

Advertisement