Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghd...

• 27-04-2006 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

mine just blew up!! was straightning my hair next thing big bang the whole thing went dead plugged it out, not gonna try plugging it in again for awhile... but now when picked up it rattles... i googled it and it seems like it happens with alot of them... mines about 3 years old but some that blew up were only a year old... so now looks like its gone for good, so if ur ghd just blows up one day... it happens alot lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Call them up. You may get a new one out of it especially since yours is one of the old model. The ones that blew up when they were a year old blew up like 2 years ago so yours could be one of the faulty batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh go to your nearest Peter Marks and asks them for the address to send them off to. Since its an old model they will most likely replace it for you.

I've blown up 1 GHD and 3 Kodo's all in the space of a year.

Oh and don't plug it back in at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

What??how does it blow up?Ive left mine on by mistake quite a few times for days at a time...does that mean mine will combust sometime soon??its about 2years old....Oh noes wont be able to survive without it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Address:
    PO BOX 397
    Keighley,
    BD20 0WX,
    UK

From the GHD website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

My last ghd's lasted me 3 1/2 years and they are used every day! Only reason i got new ones was that the plates started to wear!
    Id send these off and see what happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

rang peter mark they gave me the number to ghd, rang them and have to send it back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

~Leanne~ wrote:
    My last ghd's lasted me 3 1/2 years and they are used every day! Only reason i got new ones was that the plates started to wear!
    Id send these off and see what happens!

Yeah I use mine pretty much everyday too,sometimes even twicea day if Im heading out.Thus actually quite worries me as in magazines etc it always says not to use them more then twice a week:eek: . My hair is sorta healthy though cos I deep condition at least once a week...how much is overusing your ghd's and is it really bad for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I use mine a LOT, but then I use heat protector spray and stuff. I started using Loreal's shampoo and conditioner for long hair, the cashmere touch ones in the pink bottle, recently and they're amazing. It's like deep conditioning your hair everyday but it takes the same length of time as usual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i wish all ghds would blow up, every bird going has artificially straight hair, gets on my wick.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

But then hair would be frizzy, not straight/ curly, and that would be so much worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

ferdi wrote:
    i wish all ghds would blow up, every bird going has artificially straight hair, gets on my wick.:mad:
    which looks soooo much better than a frizzy mop!!
    I use the GHD oil spray and GHD Angel Tears. I never deep condition, i should start once a week tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fcukme2

I've noticed that when I use my ghd constantly my hair becomes really dry. I have to stop for awhile before it comes bck around, and thats with conditioning it as often as twice a week!!!! Anyone else find this? oh and i've had my ghd for almost 2 years and it seems to be alrite, heard about loads that have stopped working though, would definitely try for a replacement-good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

i worked in peter marks a while back when ghd's started to become popular and they were constantly being returned, mind you ive had one since working there and ive had no problems. i was told however that some toni and guy salons stopped using them because they fell apart (literally snapped in half) and scalded the side of a model's face cause permanant damage, the model sued the shop and so they weren't used anymore... this was of course second hand information however

for those of u who got a replacement?? how did u find out u were getting one mine arrived at ghd yesterday and no word on it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

this happens to them im afriad it happened to my sister too and she had to buy a new one. how old is yours? the original ones were prone to faults like this the newer ones arent as bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clinton

I never use a ghd. You wonder what it does to your then hair try putting your fingers in them and you'll find out quick enough. Just because you can't feel you hair burning doesn't mean it isn't:eek:

I got a letter from GHD today saying it's just basic wear and tear!! They will not replace it but they will fix it for £40 + p&p. If I don't respond within 30 days they'll throw it in the bin. I didn't think wear and tear would cause it to blow up in my hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ah thats a bit crappy

well i guess things could have been worse if it had of caught fire i'd have no hair left im gonna get them to send it back un repaired... does anyone know where i could find somewhere to get a second opinion on what happened..

oh and the next best thing/better to a ghd... i dont think i'll be using them again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

well i guess things could have been worse if it had of caught fire i'd have no hair left im gonna get them to send it back un repaired... does anyone know where i could find somewhere to get a second opinion on what happened..

oh and the next best thing/better to a ghd... i dont think i'll be using them again!!!

Well I would say you only have a year's warranty on it anyway, so I'd say after 3 years it just goes faulty from usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

3 years is ages for it too last.i dont really think thats bad value..

im not talking about the 3 years bit it was perfect apart from it blowing up... which really shouldn't happen no matter what age it was...

does anyone know if they still sell pink ghd's??? if they do still do them i think i'll just get one of those...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

oooh i beg your pardon.yes that is very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I suppose you could try just blow drying your hair, but then again I do that and I still use my GHD's afterwards, couldn't live without them, got the limited edition pink ones too, I really hope they don't blow up, they're so pretty.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i brought one in argos after mine went boom too...
    it was €15 and it was the best €15 spent...
    its but visco...
    check it out in the cat..

They usually make a couple of hundred I think it is in breast cancer week, I got mine in Peter Marks but I don't think there was many there, they're a bit more expensive than the black ones, but the extra money is going towards breast cancer.;)

started a new job last week got paid today and went straight to peter mark and bought one... cant wait to use it!! :)

The pink one is soooo cool, isn't it!!!:D

Advertisement