Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailhouse Rock

Options
  • 27-04-2006 10:54am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the cops outside the eng building's goods entrance? Looks like a heist on the bank to me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I noticed that on the way in this morning. Luckily I got away just in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Saw garda van but nothing else. Wonder if anything on news.....

There were 2 helicopters flying around when I came in, actually. Didn't look like Garda copters, but could be related, dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

DaveMcG wrote:
    There were 2 helicopters flying around when I came in, actually. Didn't look like Garda copters, but could be related, dunno.
    I thought the Guards had only one copter in dublin?

• Advertisement

Couldn't tell ye, but as I say, they didn't look like Garda helicopters.

Doubt they've only got the 1 though, the amount of crime...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

They have two. And a plane. Not sure where they base the choppers. Presumably at least one in Dublin and the other is rotated around as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Like you said in the other thread its probably for McDowell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Red Alert wrote:
    Did anyone see the cops outside the eng building's goods entrance? Looks like a heist on the bank to me!
    I presume you destroyed all evidence of everything before they got to the FYP lab!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

being found in possession of power supplies, capacitors, voltmeters and ...... oscilloscopes is going to land me in the Joy.

I'm being very afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I heard lecturers talking in the eng building just 30 minutes ago talking about the increase of robberies talking place there. They were saying something about computers being stolen. Sounds odd to me but I didn't stick around to hear anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It takes about 15 minutes to get to Dublin from anywhere in Ireland using a helicopter. Ok, maybe more than 15 but not much. (Thank you BubbleGum Club Helicruise!). So they could have the two copters together fairly quickly, regardless of where they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The Garda helicopters and one plane are all based in Baldonnel and I'm not too sure that they have a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

irlrobins wrote:
    They have two. And a plane. Not sure where they base the choppers. Presumably at least one in Dublin and the other is rotated around as required.
    Chakar wrote:
    The Garda helicopters and one plane are all based in Baldonnel and I'm not too sure that they have a plane.

Since September 1997 they own a fixed wing Pilatus Britten-Norman BN 2T-4S Defender 4000 aircraft (that's the plane) and a Eurocopter AS355N Squirrel Helicopter.
    In 2001 the GASU (Garda Air Support Unit) also got an EC 135 T1 (another helicopter).

The GASU is based in Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel, Co. Dublin.

So, does anyone know by now why the garda was at the Engineering building and if the choppers had anything to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I heard that the engieering students were making robotic killer monkeys and that the Garda took them away to train them up in Templemore so they can be used against demonstrating students and trade unionists and other such peoples who do not deserve a voice or the right to protest and all such stuff..... Really!! I don't tell lies...

Advertisement