Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mba

Options
  • 27-04-2006 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi all

I am having 4 years of exp. in Software development and and i have done 4 years of engineering in Computers.

I'm planning to do MBA from IRELAND.

I'm looking fwd to TRINITY COLLEGE and UCD.

Please let me know selection procedure , average GMAT / IELTS req for confirmed addmission.

Any input from current/passout students would be highly apprecialbe.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

hi all

I am having 4 years of exp. in Software development and and i have done 4 years of engineering in Computers.

I'm planning to do MBA from IRELAND.

I'm looking fwd to TRINITY COLLEGE and UCD.

Please let me know selection procedure , average GMAT / IELTS req for confirmed addmission.

Any input from current/passout students would be highly apprecialbe.

Thanks
    I'm still an undergrad, but wouldn't a MSc. not make more sense? The link for the MSc's are here. It has the application forms, and there is one in advanced software engineering if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gaurav_mmec

Hi

thanks for your prompt reply

If u could tell me what are the addmission charges / req for advance course.

although i will also look for UCD site.

What are the job prospectus after doing MS in s/w engg.

thanks
    gaurav

The requirements are listed in the previous link. The complete list of fees are listed here (down near the bottom), with the MSc in Advanced Software Engineering coming in at €8,340.

Hi

I have gone thrg the links ... I would not be eligible for this .. Becuase in S/W development i'm working on different tech .... so i would not be eligible.

More over i 'm interested in Management kind of role ..

I have seen some courses like MBS ( project management ) by UCD ..
    how is this course .. what are job oppurtunities after this.

Would you please put some light on the same.

Gaurav

Hey,
    I unfortunately can't help you much with info on the MBS course, as i'm in a different area, but the homepage is here and the fees page is here.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The Michael Smurfit (postgraduate) School of Business is world-renowned anyway, as one of the few Business schools on Earth with the Triple Crown of Accreditation (their website will explain). Having a degree from there will mean you'll always be towards the top of the pile when you're going for a job.

Thanks for ur support and help.

Gaurav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

HI there, also consider the IMI (www.imi.ie) they run lots of business programmes and is actually in academic and business terms more highly regarded than the Smurfit school (in recent tables their MBA was only scraping it into the top 100 in the world). The IMI offers a 3 yr part time MBA in conjunction with Henley in the UK, which is one of the world's best business schools (top 25 I think). You might consider that one as well.

Before you decide on a course, decide what it is you are trying to achieve, and then consider all the different courses you could take which will help get you there and that will help narrow down your choice.

best of luck with whatever you decide.

Advertisement