Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Cisse stay or should he Go???

• 27-04-2006 12:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right folks in your opinion should Cisse leave Liverpool or should he be given a chance??

In my opinion I think that he should be given until Christmas!! The fella broke his leg in 2 places, his pace has returned and his power is starting to return now aswell!! He is a threat up front if utilised correctly!! Alot of people are looking at players these days and demanding that they slot straight in but it doesn't happen all the time!!
    I just think he should be given a bit of time to prove himself now that he has fully recovered, he genuinely loves Pool and I feel if he is coached right then he will be a hit!!

What you all think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

He's history as far as Liverpool are concerned. Cisse is a tremendous athlete but he lacks basic football skills. He has poor control, poor passing ability and his reading of the game can be terrible at times. It pains me to say it because I love Djibs - he always comes across very well in interviews and he obviously loves the club but its just not happening for him here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nothing like two goals to get people talking.

He's pretty much useless. His second goal last night was jammy, he hit it straight at the keeper and got lucky. His goals:chances ratio must be frustrating for Liverpool fans.

Also, what makes you think he "genuinely loves Pool"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

As a non Liverpool fan.

(disclaimer : I haven't seen that many games, being a bit far away, the Prem matches are on at weird times)

Before his injury I always thought his first touch left a lot to be desired, and that hasn't changed. My father, who is a Liverpool fan and has been over and back to Anfield my whole life, said Cisse had one of the worst first touches he'd ever seen on a Liverpool player.

I'd let him go (didn't Houllier sign him?) and keep Fowler, and try to develop something with Morientes, also buying another striker too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Also, what makes you think he "genuinely loves Pool"?

He grew up supporting Liverpool!! He has said it in many an interview and you can see it when he does eventually score, how much it means to him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Sell him for the reasons above. I'm aware he's got a reasonable amount of goals this season, but the sheer ratio of jam:normal goals is shocking. Things like his second goal against the Hambags last night, his handball-goal in the Super Cup, his attempted cross-goal earlier in the season. I can only assume that in the long run he won't keep scoring such jam-laden feasts.

Incidently, his crossing is very 1-Dimensional. Every time, stand in front of defender, jink it to the right every damn time and horse it in boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

he should be shown the door and kicked square in the ass as he walks through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

98-99 Auxerre 1 Games (-)
    99-00 Auxerre 2 Games (-)
    00-01 Auxerre 8 Goals, 25 Games (-)
    01-02 Auxerre 22 Goals, 29 Games (-) 5 Games
    02-03 Auxerre 14 Goals, 33 Games 1 + 0 Goals, 3 + 3 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup) 3 Goals, 9 Games
    03-04 Auxerre 26 Goals, 38 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup) 2 Games
    04-05 Liverpool 4 Goals, 15 Games 1 Goals, 9 Games (Champions League) 2 Goals, 4 Games
    05-06 Liverpool 8 Goals, 31 Games 5 Goals, 11 Games (Champions League)

You can see what houllier saw in him though, see his 03/04 season at Auxerre. Thats well impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

If Benitez thinks he's still struggling with injuries and not at his best yet, then there's a chance he'll stay a bit longer. Most people would have been happy to see the back of Kewell at one stage but at the moment he's a valuable squad member (competition for Gonzalez).

Personally I'm happy to see Cisse bang in a few goals and hopefully get into the French squad. Then we can hope to sell him for a reasonable price as soon as possible. Ideally before the world cup - he's starting to appear in a few adverts now too which will all help us to market him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Last year i firmly believed Baros should have stayed (and still do), but this year im afraid maybe not for cisse..

First off im actually a big fan of him and always have been. Impressed by the way he came back last season and i love that confident swagger he always has. But, yeah had to be a but, he doesn't finish as well as a striker for liverpool should. Maybe if it was him up front with a rejuvinated fit again fowler, or a similer player it would be ok, but he's just missed too many sitters this season. Over the early season i was always calling for him to be included up front, sure he'd prove me right and go on a run and as his confidence grew his finishing would improve, but its never happened. He scores goals, and is guaranteed to get 10 or so a year (all comps), but for the amount of chances he gets he should easily be on 20 or so. If he were sent away for personal strike training with Rushie and Fowler and could learn something id be happy with him, but we cant have another season of complete misfiring. Think he'll start against Villa anyway and will def get a half hour in the cup if garcia's out. If he could show some finishing promise id give him a break but otherwise maybe he's better moving on. (Sorry for length!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i can see him being sold! Liverpool need a striker thats gonna score goals...

if he found some form and started scoring i think he'd be a good up front with crouch! crouch has the ability to win in the air, hold the ball up and has a decent first touch and could easily lay balls on for cisse and with his pace he'd beat most defences but the boy just cant score!

he has a terrible reading of the game and makes some very stupid decisions like against chelsea in the last few mins he kept given the ball away for no reason and chelsea just came straight back at them and if he'd just held the ball up it would have been a more comfortable finish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Hmmm... personally it hink he should stay at least to give him a proper chance, he's been played out of position on the right simply as there's noone else to play out there and its handy to have pace on the wing but hes awful in that position, its not his position and its not playing to his strenths.
    The man's pace is outstanding, second to none in my opinion but he needs to improve in certain areas, as said his touch, his awareness and decision making but seeing as he's being played out of position i dont think we've seen anything near the best in cisse. I've wtched a fair bit of him when he played in France (my cousin lives near Auxerre and i saw him play a couple of times) and he was fantastic, they'd whack the ball up, he'd outrun everyone by ten meters and stick it in the net, he played in the middle tho not the wing and thats where the main problem lies.
    I think he's too eager too eager to impress, is rushing his game and isn't fitting in to rafa's plans for him. I think we could make use of him if we tried and give him a chance, at least as an option when we need pace, if we need someone to hold up the ball use fowler, moro (though we should get rid of him) or crouch. However if we're just gonna play him on the wing there's no point playing him there, he's a striker not a winger.

He has still had plenty of chances as a striker too, particularly earlier on in the season and just cant finish, which at the end of the day is the most important thing. Theres no cleverness to his finishing, he just blasts it and hopes for the best, it doesn't matter where hes playing, if he keeps doing that, he's not good enough.

Heh, all our strikers were terrible at the start of the season! Of course if he doesn't improve his game id get rid of him, i'd just give him a proper chance to see if he can get into his stride (no pun intended:p) As said before i'd give him til Christmas, get rid of Moro and maybe Pongolle (as he's unhappy) and bring in a new lad.
    He did score that one against everton where he actually placed the ball (albeit strongly) into the corner from an acute angle, hope he does more of that. His first goal last night was alo a cracker.

whats with all this "give him a chance" crap. liverpool as a club can't afford to give him a chance, they cant afford to take anymore expencive risks, no more collymores and bicans.

you cant afford to put a player in a team week in, week out and watch him blast shots at a keeper that a more intelligent player would just place to either side of the keeper.

and am i the only person that was jumping out of my chair watching cisse against chelsea? ffs he was the freshest player on the pitch and he was chasing nothing, kicking balls nowhere, giving away throws, rafa was going nuts at him.

i mean, congrats to him on the whole dennis rodman look he's got going on and the new haircuts are swell, but he has nothing to offer liverpool.

if pool need a fast right winger to run along and get no end product then by all means sign c.ronaldo, cisse is useless in his preferred position and out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He should be gone imo. Morientes too, he should head back to spain where the style of football out there suits him...Hes definately not suited to the english game, though if he stays, i hope he proves me wrong next season because i am a huge fan of his :)

Get in some fancy new striker and a right midfielder if cisse is the best option liverpool actually have down that side ? maybe a couple of italians...french and spanish arent working up front :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cisse should never have been played out on the right wing. He just doesn't perform there and if I have any sympathy for him it's because of this. He's a striker. Play him as a striker. Even when he was played up front I don't think he ever really got the support from the midfield that he needs. Okay, he can latch onto those great passes from Alonso and Gerrard but he never got anything from the wings. I don't think he ever got a full chance to show his quality at Liverpool. He style just doesn't suit the way the team plays.
    That said, he's a poor finisher, doesn't play a "smart" game, isn't great at getting around defenders and he's often lazy in winning the ball back. His only strengths are his speed and power which isn't good enough for Liverpool. If he managed to learn to finish better and realise that chipping a keeper may have a better chance of scoring than trying to drill the ball through the keeper I'd like him to stay but as it is, get rid of him.

el rabitos wrote:
    whats with all this "give him a chance" crap. liverpool as a club can't afford to give him a chance, they cant afford to take anymore expencive risks, no more collymores and bicans.

you cant afford to put a player in a team week in, week out and watch him blast shots at a keeper that a more intelligent player would just place to either side of the keeper.

and am i the only person that was jumping out of my chair watching cisse against chelsea? ffs he was the freshest player on the pitch and he was chasing nothing, kicking balls nowhere, giving away throws, rafa was going nuts at him.

i mean, congrats to him on the whole dennis rodman look he's got going on and the new haircuts are swell, but he has nothing to offer liverpool.

if pool need a fast right winger to run along and get no end product then by all means sign c.ronaldo, cisse is useless in his preferred position and out of it

Crouch has been playing week in, week out, morientes has been playing week in, week out and Kewel has been playing week in, week out. Each of those players were blasted all over the shop when they weren't playing the best but they were given a chance and two of them have given something back. Ppl are always way too quick to see a player that isn't playing well, even if they're not fit or are played out of position or are working hard and are being unlucky and go way overboard giving out about them, i call it Giles, Dumphy syndrome.

I'd say give him a chance as a striker or get rid of him, but just dont play him on the wing. Liverpool are lacking a striker with pace that as said can latch on to through balls, Crouch has no pace and moro is as blunt as a butter knife (dont get me wrong i like the guy but he just isn't performing or improving, crouch is a much better target man than he is) cisse can offer them that and a goal for every two blasted over is better than through balls aimed at noone.

Crouch has been playing week in, week out, morientes has been playing week in, week out and Kewel has been playing week in, week out. Each of those players were blasted all over the shop when they weren't playing the best but they were given a chance and two of them have given something back. Ppl are always way too quick to see a player that isn't playing well, even if they're not fit or are played out of position or are working hard and are being unlucky and go way overboard giving out about them, i call it Giles, Dumphy syndrome.

crouch is not, and was not signed to be the primary striker. cisse was. kewell is a winger so i dont see your point there.

as far as mori goes, i like his overall input and game play, i just dont think he has 90 minutes left in him and his finishing touch seems to have been left in monaco. but i like his workrate and general game play.

its one thing to say give a player a chance if he's just been unlucky or whatever, but cisse has shown no improvement. his goals are awful and just hit and hopes.

is he a good option to have in a squad? yeah, he has pace and can exploit slower defences, but there are cheaper players like pongolle that can do that. and cisse can be sold for some hard cash that liverpool need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Cissé has to go. I don't care if he scores a hat-trick a game for the rest (3 games) of the season. Bottom line, he hasn't done the business. Even when he wasn't scoring he wasn't playing very well. He's a lazy player. Had high hopes when he joined, but he's been nothing but a dissapointment.

I agree with ~Rebel~ regarding Baros - he should have stayed, he was a natural finisher, with pace and a good touch. Perhaps he didn't have the best attitude, but it was no worse than Cissé's....

el rabitos wrote:
    crouch is not, and was not signed to be the primary striker. cisse was. kewell is a winger so i dont see your point there.

as far as mori goes, i like his overall input and game play, i just dont think he has 90 minutes left in him and his finishing touch seems to have been left in monaco. but i like his workrate and general game play.

its one thing to say give a player a chance if he's just been unlucky or whatever, but cisse has shown no improvement. his goals are awful and just hit and hopes.

is he a good option to have in a squad? yeah, he has pace and can exploit slower defences, but there are cheaper players like pongolle that can do that. and cisse can be sold for some hard cash that liverpool need.

my point was in reference to what you said about not sticking with players when they're not playing well. Kewell is a winger? Well cisse is being played on the wing despite being an out and out striker. He hasn't improved as a winger as hes not a winger!

Mori works hard for sure and his movement is good at times but if you're playing crouch in the role stated (as a target link up man) mori shouldnt play too as hes been effectively the same thing for us. His shooting has been really weak, hasn't been getting in good positions, cant latch onto through balls and hasn't been a threat in the air at all despite his reputation. Mori seems to be there on reputation alone, he's been given a big run in the team as a striker, i think cisse deserves the same before he goes but if he fails then he should definately be dropped. Different kind of striker than pongolle too, he hasnt been playing great for blackburmn either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cisse doesnt fit with the way liverpool play.

the need a michael owen, an ian rush or a defoe.

the need a finisher.

my point was in reference to what you said about not sticking with players when they're not playing well. Kewell is a winger? Well cisse is being played on the wing despite being an out and out striker. He hasn't improved as a winger as hes not a winger!

man, its not about sticking with cisse because he's not playing well. its about getting rid of him because he has show absolutetly no improvement.in cisses mind, i'm sure he thinks he's been playing well when he's been up front because he's scored.

i've seen alot of liverpool games this year, and in some games cisse's goals have won the game, and i walk out of the pub or whatever and the first thing me and my friend say to each other is, "that cisse has to go".

where baros' major problem was that his head was down too much and he would end up in the corner flag, cisses problem is his head is up and he still ends up in the corner flag.

i can make no arguement for keeping him when in a summer where money is needed, liverpool can sell him.

imo, if it wasnt for his broken leg and the fact that he cost 14 million, it would have been him that was sold instead of baros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'd be devestated if Cisse was to be sold. Its always reassuring watching Liverpool when Cisse comes on. You just know he isn't going to score and he will completely nullify the Liverpool attack...

shatners basoon yes he's being played out of position, but that matters nothing in this instance because the problem is he's not taking the easy chances in front of goal. It doesn't matter what position your playing in at the time, when your an out and out striker like you keep saying (and i agree) that he is, he has to be able to take those chances, which he hasn't. Regardless where he's played this season, he's always had plenty of chances in front of goal which he couldn't take. What makes you think these very same chances will get scored if on paper he starts closer to the goal? He's possibly the worst finisher i've ever seen in a striker costing over 7 mill (and he cost twice that).

Heh heh, all alone here then, righteo :p

Hes missed some easy chances agreed but hes still scoring more than any other of our strikers despite being played out of position, i feel if he was played as a striker he might get more chances, score more goals and develop some consistancy like he did at auxerre.

But as WWM said he maybe he doesnt fit into Rafa's game plan.

Im just sick of people taking about him as if he's never been able to score, as i said previously i used to follow Auxerre (still do in the french league) and he was a damn fine striker.

Im disgusted that hes playing down the wing as he cant beat ppl down that line, CBs always try to force centre forwards wide, Cisse is a forward constantly in that position. When he wanders forwards hes scored quite a few goals this season, thats as a winger. Id rather he didnt play at all than as a winger. Let him play up front before getting rid of him, if he keeps scoring goals and winning games keep him on, if he fails to play well then get rid.

i said previously i used to follow Auxerre (still do in the french league) and he was a damn fine striker.

I know what you mean alright, i was delighted when he came and even after he had begun his blasting his shots right at the keeper this season i was sticking up for him too in a debate with Redspider on here. I was full sure that he'd discover some other scoring touches and not always just blast it, but since then all but 2 (as far as i can remember) of his goals have been blasters and he really doesnt look like he's trying to develope that side of his game. Im really disappointed more then anything, was always a fan of his. Got a Cisse 9 champs league jersey and everything! But there comes a point when enough is enough. I know what your saying that he's scoring more then the others, but i dont rate Moro either (in fact far less then cisse) and Crouch wasn't bought to be an out and out scorer, merely a foil for the team to work off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Close the door behind him IMO.

I'd get rid of Morientes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Even though Rafa clearly wants rid it be mad not to play Cisse in the last three league games. We desperately need to up his value after the disastrous season he has had and a few goals are welcome help. I don't care how many goals he scores between now and the end of the World Cup though, he's still patently sh*t and I'll be glad to see the back of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I think they should get rid of him. He has no composure in front of goal he just tends to blast the ball or have a swipe at it with poor results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah a non-thead! He's going, I can't for a moment belive Rafa can see a role for him.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Bottom line, he hasn't done the business. Even when he wasn't scoring he wasn't playing very well. He's a lazy player.

Agreed!

As for Baros I'm glad we got rid of him...he was so frustrating and was also like cisse not a natural goal scorer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

el rabitos wrote:

nonsense, liverpool firstly can afford it,
    secondly biscan(at least i assume you mean biscan)
    was very good when played in his position.
    el rabitos wrote:

This seems like some silly bias anti cisse tripe,
    he's heavily flawed but can produce the goods,
    he hasn't thus far but he can.

nonsense, liverpool firstly can afford it,
    secondly biscan(at least i assume you mean biscan)
    was very good when played in his position.

so good that he's still playing for the club? houllier ruined any potential he ever had.

and no, liverpool cant afford it, chelsea are light years ahead financially, man u make a hell of alot more on match days, and soon arsenal will too, and a new stadium isnt even in sight, so no, liverpool cant afford it, not if they want to compete for the premiership.
    This seems like some silly bias anti cisse tripe,
    he's heavily flawed but can produce the goods,
    he hasn't thus far but he can.

of course i'm anti-cisse, i've seen him play in person and i see him play most weeks. "heavily flawed" players dont play for man u, chelsea or arsenal, they have no place in liverpools first team either.

dont mistake "producing the goods" for blasting a shot and getting lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i think he came back from the broken leg too quick tbh. it takes a long long time for proper co-ordination to be restored after a break occurs, especially if its in two places, and i reckon thats why cisse opts for power instead of precision.

having said that his ability to get caught off-side is very similar to Baros (who definitely should have been sold) and he seems to have a general sense of stupidity about him.

sell him and give him a chance somewhere else(anywhere but here:)).

el rabitos wrote:
    and no, liverpool cant afford it, chelsea are light years ahead financially, man u make a hell of alot more on match days, and soon arsenal will too, and a new stadium isnt even in sight, so no, liverpool cant afford it, not if they want to compete for the premiership.

So we should offload someone we payed so much for at half the price without gining him a proper try despite the fact he has as you said "scored goals that have won us games"? Thats hardly economical.

Scoring 28 in one season, wow he was pretty lucky. scoring for us now too and hes playing as a winger!

But i cant see Rafa keeping him, hes not the type of player that Rafa likes methinks, thats probably why he keeps sticking him on the wing! that makes him way to eager to impress, rushed which results in blasts over the bar. Shame, i think hes got plenty of potential (despite his obvious and numerous faults)

• Advertisement

So we should offload someone we payed so much for at half the price without gining him a proper try despite the fact he has as you said "scored goals that have won us games"? Thats hardly economical.

yes we should offload him. just because he scores a goal that wins a game doesnt mean somone else wont score 3 goals and win the game with 20 or 30 minutes to spare. he's dire
    Scoring 28 in one season, wow he was pretty lucky. scoring for us now too and hes playing as a winger!

28 goals in france, thats nice, but 28 goals for auxerre dont help liverpool win the premiership, so i dont care how many he scored in france tbh, maybe he should go back to france?

seening his lazy ass hobble around old trafford last week sealed the deal for me, i just hope theres as many people out in liverpool to wave goodbye as there was when the european cup came back

el rabitos wrote:
    so good that he's still playing for the club? houllier ruined any potential he ever had.

grand you can deny it but we both know he had alot of qualities not even potential he had already realised all that last year.
    el rabitos wrote:
    and no, liverpool cant afford it, chelsea are light years ahead financially,

please tell me your kidding i thought we had more money than chelsea . . . . :rolleyes:

el rabitos wrote:
    and a new stadium isnt even in sight, so no, liverpool cant afford it, not if they want to compete for the premiership.

i would disagree,
    its not gonna be there for a few seasons but its without a doubt in sight.
    el rabitos wrote:
    players dont play for man u, chelsea or arsenal, they have no place in liverpools first team either.

darren fletcher
    john o shea
    michiel silvestre
    arsenals defense
    didier drogba
    Patrice Evra

i'd love to list some of their past errors but that would be way off-topic
    el rabitos wrote:

don't miskate getting lucky for producing the goods.

jaysus man, i'm not getting into an "i'll pick your post appart if you pick mine appart" lemlin'esc debate.

i say bye bye cisse, u dissagree, ok. we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I have a feeling he'll leave and be prolific.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I have a feeling he'll leave and be prolific.

agreed so lets nib that in the bud and let him prosper here
    and to el rabitos yea that makes sense case closed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

"I have a feeling he'll leave and be prolific."

That may be the case but it doesn't mean he will fit in with the Liverpool team and style of play, i think he is on his way out, he does love the club but unfortunatly thats not enough hes just not doing it, Fowler has showed more promise then Cisse has, I don't like to see him coming on to the pitch, for me it means its game over i consider him to be wasteful of the chances he gets!

I've said it before I will say it again WE NEED OWEN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, we need a player with the dodgiest hamstrings in England who walked out on us as we were entering was to be our most successful season, for half his value. I dont want Owen back - there are better, cheaper, less injury prone strikers available, and they dont come with half the baggage of Owen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

We need someone very like Owen then! Owen has scored 7 in the league and spend most of the season out (since december!) Cisse is our top scorer at the moment this season with 8 goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

i would disagree,
    its not gonna be there for a few seasons but its without a doubt in sight.

arsenals defense

i'd love to list some of their past errors but that would be way off-topic

I'm assuming you haven't watched any Champions league football this season? 10 clean sheets in a row at the top level of competition is not the work of a bad defense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I think Rafa/Parry/board have no option but to sell Cisse. Hopefully he will score a couple of goals in the World Cup and be more sellable.

His style, direct fast and with power, may suit certain teams and certain leagues, but it certainly doesnt suit Liverpool and that has been proven, despite the goals he has scored. In terms of finance, we (fans and club) need to be prepared to sell him for 8m or so and take a bit of a financial hit, but thats only our own fault as we overpaid for him. The financial damage has already been done with his performances on the field.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

he has to go! How can anyone even consider keeping him? Seems a nice bloke and all, and his style would defo suit certain teams, even in England but he don't fit in. Am not liking how some people are going overboard on him though.....now Djimi Traore....thats a different kettle of fish. I'd keep Cisse on a 10 year 80k a week contract if we could just shoot him or something ;)

that makes him way to eager to impress, rushed which results in blasts over the bar.

A striker who doesn't have the composure in front of goal to do anything other then hammer the ball doesn't belong at Liverpool. Lets face it, with the chances he's had in the positions he's had them, if he was good enough noone would be having this discussion.

Advertisement