Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running PHP with multiple virtual hosts.

Options
  • 27-04-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Sorry would have posted this in the web hosting forum but it's been locked up.
    I suppose this is prolly the next best place.

I have a winbox (xP pro) running apache 2, php5 and MySQL5.

Everything is installed running however when I run PHPBB or some other prog that requires PHP it gives an error "No inpout file specified".

Now looking through the config php.ini file i see 'DocRoot php.ini = d:\xxxx\xxx' specifiying a single directory for PHP to run on. I woulkd like to add multiple directorys if possible as so I can execute php scripts on any of my virtual hosts.

Is this possible to do, i've tried loads of guides and googe has been no help.
    Everyone seems to mention php and virtul hosts but no methods on how to set them up.

Any help appeciated.
    -P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Ah - are you sure you have your apache conf OK, that it redirects to the correct folder each time?

Assuming you're running PHP as an apache mod, not as a seperate entity, AFAIK apache will do most of the redirection for you, so long as everything's good with your window's path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Check this out, might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Yeh that's the sort of stuff I keep coming across. Apache is configured correctly alright as the webbies show up, but PHP will only run from one account at a time.

Thanks for the help anyway. :D

Advertisement