Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recording mobile phone calls - not as dodgy as it sounds!!!

• 27-04-2006 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everyone! I need to be able to record phone calls from my mobile phone. Not as illegal as it sounds, I'm a journalist and need to record interviews to guarantee accurate quotes.
    Anyone any idea how I could record from a motorola v3 or a Sony Ericsson T610. Both phones have limited memory (the V3 has more but the battery life is pants!) so I'd need something to plug in. I use a minidisc recorder on my landline but of course the mobiles don't have a jack to plug it into. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I managed it a few years back as a friend left me a voicemail when he was pissed.

I plugged in a std mic lead into the headphone socket then into my pc and recorded it using sound recorder.

Basic but effective.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Honestly? Get a Series 60 phone. They have great call recording features. I used to record them on my N-Gage, and while I've yet to try on my N70, the length was only limited by the available memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

get a k750i.i have one and the sound quality is amazing also the recording lasts ages.the larger the card the better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

drdre wrote:
    get a k750i.i have one and the sound quality is amazing also the recording lasts ages.the larger the card the better.

I'm with Dre on this one ! Cant go wrong witha K750i .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

on the t610 there should be an option screen when youre actually connected to the phone that youre ringin(not during the dialing tone),simply click it and it will bring up an option to record the call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sesheta

Thanks for all the info...the only problem I have is that the calls I need to record are generally interviews and can go on quite a while...up to 45 minutes, at least 15-20. The problem with using the phone's memory, even if I got one with additional memory sticks is that I'm unlikely to have the memory to do more than one interview at a time, if that.
    I have a minidisc recorder and if I could hook the phone up to that somehow it'd be perfect. The problem is the connections. The V3, at least has a mini USB connection but I'd still need to connect it to an audio lead with a standard jack. I really would rather not have to resort to a stanley knife and electrical tape to cannabilise leads I already have (I know that sounds daft, or lazy, or both) but any ideas where I could get a connector or adapter would be most appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nokia 6230i does it too if I recall correctly.

Advertisement