Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beep

Options
  • 27-04-2006 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Was just updating my Profile, and noticed this.

I read a thread from about last July, but nothing seems to have come of it.

Any news?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I know Regi was the one playing with it and he's been kept busy with the performance issues these last few months so I assume it's on the back-burner...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What's the idea? It would be handy to get a text when a post is reported or something like that. If I'm at my computer, I'm generally on boards, so the email is wasted on me!

I noticed it when I signed up first, so perhaps that's not what it was for. It would still be usefull anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It would be handy to get a text when a post is reported or something like that.

*thinks about all thinks about the deluge of text messages that would go on, non-stop, all day*

People might think I was popular! :)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Wow, 5,000 posts. You must be popular!

OT: I'd say it wouldn't increase my influx of text messages too much, but with others it might be an issue. Perhaps a clicky to turn it on/off?

Still strikes me as a bit crazy though. Though, imagine the hilarity of reporting every post on a forum at 4am on a forum of a mod you don't like.... :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

"Who texted you?"

"An internet forum."

Populaaaar.

Sounds cool. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

nesf wrote:
    Though, imagine the hilarity of reporting every post on a forum at 4am on a forum of a mod you don't like.... :p

I knew there was something productive I could do with my insomnia!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Prepare for an influx of texts hullaballoo. :P

Think of your phone bill..... Assuming you had to pay for each message recieved (which would be the only way I could see it working).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

?

Look, folks, you're mods, not the Supreme Masters of the Galaxy! I really don't get why people would want this "service".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Its to accomodate my passion for ringing people and then breathing nice and heavily while punching a bowl of mayonaise beside the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

why so the admins and smods want everyones phne number so they can listen into our calls and track where we go why else ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

this is still in the pipe line but will take some time before it's implemented, Regi is a busy boy

simu wrote:
    ?

Look, folks, you're mods, not the Supreme Masters of the Galaxy! I really don't get why people would want this "service".
    How do you know we're not supreme masters of the galaxy? We might be. I'll just go and ask the mice what they think.

Advertisement