Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Summer Pint - Saturday May 27

Options
  • 27-04-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Having twice not turned up for previous nights out I thought I`d take the Bull by the horns and suggest meeting up saturday may 27 at Script for a meet n' greet pint. Any takers? Let me know and I`ll call script and book a spot. Suggestions other than script welcome as well - is the easiest place to stagger home from at the moment..:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi Daveco...would be definately on for that count me and my other half in!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

INCH wrote:
    Hi Daveco...would be definately on for that count me and my other half in!!:D

Add myself and the WTB as well :)

Dave, I added the date to the title of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

Me too........the wife to be will also attend with bells on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Sounds great guys.
    Myself and Helen (aka SJ) will be there too.

Doing our final snag tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed for getting keys next week!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

Do_nal wrote:
    Sounds great guys.
    Myself and Helen (aka SJ) will be there too.

Doing our final snag tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed for getting keys next week!! :D:D

Hope all goes well for ye:D

• Advertisement

Hey guys just realised I have already that night booked so cant make it but if there was any change the Heiniken cup final is on on the 20th May that may be a good day to meet up in Script also or Greystones Rugby club also. Anyway have a great night, hopefully I will get to meet u all very soon.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Sounds good to me, will drag the fiance along too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Have a family thing that day, but will try make it along with Wifey. Would be nice to see our neighbours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hope75

We are hopeful that saturday will be our moving day so might be nice to relax with a drink afterwards and meet some neighbours! What time are you planning on meeting?

I heard there is a good singer playing in Script on Saturday, so should make for a good night out. Is everyone still on for drinkies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

eoin_s wrote:
    I heard there is a good singer playing in Script on Saturday, so should make for a good night out. Is everyone still on for drinkies?

yep - am calling script this evening so will let you know..

Yipeeee I think we will be able to make it on Sat now. Even if its just for an hour or 2. So how will we know where to sit. Dont want to go around like a mad woman asking people!!! They will think there is a physco hanging about!!

INCH wrote:
    Yipeeee I think we will be able to make it on Sat now. Even if its just for an hour or 2. So how will we know where to sit. Dont want to go around like a mad woman asking people!!! They will think there is a physco hanging about!!

It looks like Dave is arranging an area for us, so I reckon just ask at the bar. I can PM my mobile number to anyone looking for where we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Hey all,

we are moving in this weekend too so a few pints on Saturday would be sweet! Can't wait for the move :D:D been busy the last couple of weeks getting floors down and stuff!!

So see you all in Script hopefully, D

OK - Have booked a couple of tables in Script for Saturday at 8pm, under the name david - ask at the bar and they will direct you down.. As for worrying what we all look like, you can't miss me - will be the Marlon Brando/Brad Pitt/Jonny Depp lookalike smouldering in the corner...If you still can`t find me, look for a fella with sideburns and specs..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

We've now moved in and will be there. INCH - we finally have internet and just found the email you sent me ages ago about mother & baby morning. Hope to see you there.

Look forward to meeting u all:D :D:D

Hi Ryecatcher...no problems...see you on Sat.

Hey everyone...I am raging:mad: I couldnt make it in the end on Sat as my other half got stuck in the UK and missed the ferry home and I couldnt get a babysitter at the last minute. How did it go? Was there a good turn out.....will there be another night out? :rolleyes:

Well,
    I sat like a prat on a reserved table for an hour, nobody showed up, but thankfully I had brought a mate along in case of such an occurance...

Myself, Ru and our respective WTBs were there from about 9 onwards, asked the barman where the reserved table was, but none of them were too sure and I didn't want to go around asking every table.

• Advertisement

oh crap!!! Sorry I missed meeting you Eoin and Daveco really wanted to go but doppey other half missed the ferry and I wasnt going to go by myself!! Thats really disappointing... did you guys have a good night anyway?

eoin_s wrote:
    Myself, Ru and our respective WTBs were there from about 9 onwards, asked the barman where the reserved table was, but none of them were too sure and I didn't want to go around asking every table.

Yeah the staff are not the brightest... No harm done - got drunk on Erdinger for the first time in years, so probably just as well no one saw me :rolleyes:

daveco23 wrote:
    Yeah the staff are not the brightest... No harm done - got drunk on Erdinger for the first time in years, so probably just as well no one saw me :rolleyes:

Was none too sober myself, so don't think I would have noticed! I don't know if anyone else turned up, but I guess the only way to do it is to give out a mobile number for people to ring or text when they get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Myself + 1 and Hope75 + 1 were there from about 9.15 and staff said David had left but that there had been 2 other couples looking for him... Mobile number or funny hat might be better for finding each other next time...
    sorry we missed you all!

ryecatcher wrote:
    Myself + 1 and Hope75 + 1 were there from about 9.15 and staff said David had left but that there had been 2 other couples looking for him... Mobile number or funny hat might be better for finding each other next time...
    sorry we missed you all!

You'd think the barman could have tried pointing us out to each other, given that there must have been a good few people asking at the bar!

eoin_s wrote:
    You'd think the barman could have tried pointing us out to each other, given that there must have been a good few people asking at the bar!

Don`t think any of the barstaff down there are capable of thinking...
    Mobile number next time, but am booked up for June and first half of july so if anyone else is brave enough to take the bull by the horns then shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Hubby and I were one of the couples asking for 'Dave' and to be fair to the staff they did try to point out other people asking the same but the table was empty at that stage? It was about 9.30 by the time we got there so sorry we missed anyone else who was actually there. Try again later in the summer but maybe this time have a theme eg red carnations or something. Only joking maybe a sign on the table?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scrichie

daveco23 wrote:
    Don`t think any of the barstaff down there are capable of thinking...
    Mobile number next time, but am booked up for June and first half of july so if anyone else is brave enough to take the bull by the horns then shoot.

Dave, I will let you away with that remark and wont bar ye. You should have spoken to the boss man, moi, Richie. Give me a call when you are organising it again and I will throw you some fingerfood, no bother.
    Cheers fella. Richie.

Advertisement