Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFT club near ringsend for beginner?

Options
  • 27-04-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a club near ringsend that accepts beginners? I'm interested in learning to dive - I've only done the one open water dive while on holidays previously.

I'm a trinity graduate, but as I understand it DUSAC only accepts new members in november.

thanks for any help,
    Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

I think most CFT clubs will take on trainees towards the end of the season or early in the new year - most training is done in the winter and diving in the summer!

If you have a a OW or AOW qualification you could look at doing a crossover. [Edit] Sorry - just read that properly, looks like the winter is the earliest you'll get with only one dive done.[/Edit]

Not too sure of any clubs in Ringsend but there are at least 5 that dive out of Dun Laoghaire. If you like PM me and I'll tell you about mine!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

thanks a lot for the reply. Now I know where I stand at least :)

I'll probably try and join DUSAC in november then as a graduate, though I hear they're usually over-subscribed.

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

You'll probably be better off if you can - most of the uni clubs are subsidised! Diving ain't cheap!

Advertisement