Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The eternal quest...jeans...

• 27-04-2006 2:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK girls (and boys),

I woke up today and realised that I only have 2 pairs of jeans that I really wear. It's time to brave the madding crowds and shops again to go...jeans shopping. Cue dramatic orchestral music.

Im preparing myself for tears, tantrums and lots of stomping around (and chocolate, just for stamina, you understand :) ).

Im a curvy size 14 on bottoms, but tall (5'10") and so far the only jeans Im prepared to part with over €80 for are Firetrap (dark denim, stretch, flared). But Im sure that there are other brands of jeans out there that would suit me (and others)

So I thought that it would be interesting to know what jeans you wear and swear by (and your body type, of course!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I can feel your pain already!

I (size 10/12 (depending on where you buy), and 5'11") usually wear jeans from Hairy Legs (they have nice long hipster jeans there), and I heard someone say that Topshop has jeans for taller people, but I find that hard to believe (I refuse to shop there as most of the clothes seem to be made for underfed midget tramps...).

Apart from that I get my friend to buy jeans in Australia and send them over (they have a nice type of Levy's jeans there, I check the number if you want...) or buy my jeans in Denmark...

Ireland for me is one shopping desaster, it simply does not cater for tall, slim women - either pants/skirts fit around the waist but are way too short, or they are long enough but I could fit into them three times (my opinion...please prove me wrong...)

Aparently, there's a shop in Dublin called Long Tall Sally - they do have a website - might be worth checking out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

heya, i recently got some jeans from espirit - and they are fab! they have loads of different styles and fits - well worth checking out i reckon. and they do a very long leg as well. zenzen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Thanks guys,

good info,

also, if anyone is considering Lee Jeans, I bought a pair and they fit me everywhere except on the hips - doh! So my advice to anyone with nice wide hips to steer clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm a size 10-12 and 5ft 3. I've got a small waist and curvy hips and find it really hard to get nice trousers and jeans to fit. They might fit on the hips and thighs but as soon as you go to sit down you can see right the way down the back of them. Or you'll get them to fit in the wait but forget about zipping them up :mad:

Hairy Legs, diesel and 'sometimes' levis can fit properly. But since levis have changed the design of their ladies range it's been a disaster! I actually got two fab pairs of stretch low rise jeans in Next last year in the summer sale. For €19 and €27 each. So next time I'm looking for Jeans I'll be heading down to Next.

Good luck, I too feel your pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

galah wrote:
    I can feel your pain already!

I (size 10/12 (depending on where you buy), and 5'11") usually wear jeans from Hairy Legs (they have nice long hipster jeans there), and I heard someone say that Topshop has jeans for taller people, but I find that hard to believe (I refuse to shop there as most of the clothes seem to be made for underfed midget tramps...).

Apart from that I get my friend to buy jeans in Australia and send them over (they have a nice type of Levy's jeans there, I check the number if you want...) or buy my jeans in Denmark...

Ireland for me is one shopping desaster, it simply does not cater for tall, slim women - either pants/skirts fit around the waist but are way too short, or they are long enough but I could fit into them three times (my opinion...please prove me wrong...)

Aparently, there's a shop in Dublin called Long Tall Sally - they do have a website - might be worth checking out!

have u tried the tall section in dorothy perkins??? they go from an 8 to 22

i buy alot of jeans in there and they are a good fit and last ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

yes...same problem, long enough, but not tight enough...or tight enough and not long enough...

I just gave up on Irish shops and buy abroad...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I also have 2 standard pairs of jeans that are worn constantly. I'm size 8 and 5ft 6 or so, and it's kind of hard to find jeans that aren't a little too short. I'll check out Dorothy Perkins now!
    I did find my current favourite pair in Morgan, they cost a small fortune, but are well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I buy my jeans online from American sites when they've sales .. that way, I get a pair that were $250 down to maybe $120, with postage, about €120 which is much cheaper than bt2 and places. Jeans here are a nightmare. I'm an 8/10 but 5'8" and virtually no hips. They either don't fit at the waist, or they're really baggy on the thighs, or they're too short ... I prefer to spend a little and get something good which'll last me a couple of years. I know friends who buy their jeans in Topshop and H+M, and find them good, but I don't know how long they are. The great thing about American jeans is that they came in 33" and 35" inside legs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

zenzen wrote:
    heya, i recently got some jeans from espirit - and they are fab! they have loads of different styles and fits - well worth checking out i reckon. and they do a very long leg as well. zenzen

Yip, Esprit jeans are absolutely gorgeous!!! Have a limited range downstairs in Pamela Scott in Grafton Street although the selection in Dundrum is much better. Flattering if you've got booty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Topshop do really nice jeans and they have a tall section and Oasis are bringing out new ranges of jeans. If you are willing to pay the money you should look in BT because designer jeans tend to have more tall styles anyway! And the thing with jeans is you can always justify the cost - I mean is there any item of clothing you wear more?
    Does anyone else hate the way the high street has been flooded with skinny jeans? I know that they are 'in' now and I do actually really like them, but unfortunately very few people can pull them off! I'm 5ft5 and have size 12 hips so I look awful in them! It's so difficult to find cheap bootcut jeans now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

the best jeans around,although they are expensive are in lara's,dame lane just off trinity st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

Just click on the below link and enter ur size...
    http://clothes.listings.ebay.ie/Womens-Clothing_Jeans_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ38437QQsocmdZListingItemList
    If your not already on ebay and dont intend to join well itll give u a good few ideas anyway...

Good luck x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would be a curvey size 6-10 (depending on the shop!) but am only 5ft 2...have lots of 501's which are fine but the best jeans for me are the bootcut Marks and Spensers jeans in a size 8, I wish that they did a size 6 though as they are a bit too big on me.

Advertisement