Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent advice

Options
  • 27-04-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Am going selling my house in Dooradoyle and am moving back to the real Capital. Am considering using DNG Chesser , anyone ever used them before? Or have a strong recommendatin on a different one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Bought a house last year so dealt with a large number Chesser are good but personally i found Sherry Fitzgerald to be the best and most professional from a buyers point of view. Plus their web site is the best by a hell of a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

DNG which are dublin based have recently gone into partnership with chesser down here so they may have access to a bigger clientele outside of limerick. one of the most important things you need to bear in mind how much the auctioneer is going to charge. as far as i know sherry fitz charge over 2% so say your house makes 300,000 you pay 6 grand to them and you have to pay your solicitor after that also...
    from friends experience who have bought out in dooradoyle o connor murphy gubbins and hickey o donoghue have a good database of people. a mate of mine sold recently out in cragaun and was impressed with o connor murphy gubbins. 18 people viewed and he got 20 grand more than what he was hoping for.
    check the property view and see who is advertising there, it is a good way to guage who is selling what and where.

ps i dont work for any auctioneer, just have an interest anb bit of knowledge bout property around town!!

where abouts is your place and what are you hoping to get?... bear in mind property in limerick has gone madder than usual since january. prices in some cases have been going up by ten grand a month!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

My place is in Oakleigh Wood in Dooradoyle. I'd say I am going to go with Chesser. Was pretty impressed with the Valuation (only bought it in November and it has gone up over 20% , crazy). also I managed to get them to come down to 1% commission so all in all fairly happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

is it a downstairs or a duplex? i know one of the duplexes for sale there lately has gone near to 250, one sold in late feb for 238! thats a good dose of inflation for you!! 1 % is as good as you will get for commission!!

Advertisement