Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for Dead Sim Cards

• 27-04-2006 3:40pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I do tech support for mobile phones, and we have a few dead sim cards that we use to allow us to get in to the menus of the phone. We're running out though, i've two locked ones on my desk and the shops look at me like i've two heads when I ask about dead sim cards!

Do any of you have a secret stockpile of dead sims, or know where I could get some. We must have 20-30 handsets here so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Well, I might be able to find my old sim card... Haven't used it for about 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

MarkR wrote:
    I do tech support for mobile phones, and we have a few dead sim cards that we use to allow us to get in to the menus of the phone. We're running out though, i've two locked ones on my desk and the shops look at me like i've two heads when I ask about dead sim cards!

Do any of you have a secret stockpile of dead sims, or know where I could get some. We must have 20-30 handsets here so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

I'd try shops. They have loads. I know you said you tried, but try more. They have loads of blank ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i might have afew, where do you work.:rolleyes:

i will get back to you by monday.i will just have to test them 1st.
    i just threw 1 o2 sim in the bin 5 mins ago.i will take it back out now;)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks guys, only tried two stores so far. Will try more local ones this weekend. If you don't mind posting drdre, I work in shannon, i'll pm you the address if you can?

MarkR wrote:
    Thanks guys, only tried two stores so far. Will try more local ones this weekend. If you don't mind posting drdre, I work in shannon, i'll pm you the address if you can?
    i just checked an i have 2 left.i threw the rest in the bin as i was cleaning my room.
    the 2 i have left ,1 has credit and the other one has not been used in ages.i would think the shops are your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No worries, thanks anyway

MarkR wrote:
    No worries, thanks anyway

No problem and if i do find more lying around i will get back to you thanks/

Advertisement