Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magnet networks - Kilcoole

Options
  • 27-04-2006 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

:mad:
    Ok, where to start..

A few mates of mine and myself spotted that on the magnet networks home page they are offering a 2Mb broadband connection to kilcoole. Sounds great!
    Gave them a call, and was speaking to a sales rep (pity i cant remember his name). He informed me they can offer us broadband because they are running ASDL2+ to kilcoole on there own exchange equipment, and they have access to the exchange without Eircom's permission. Even though i though this was a bit strange, it made sense with the whole ASDL2+ part, so i went and ordered it with them.

Rang them last Friday to see when the modem was meant to arrive. They informed me the order has been processed and the modem is out for delivery for Monday morning.

Today, and still no word i call back in, to see where the modem is, only to be told that Eircom have rejected the broadband order. They informed me that in order to get broadband idea need to order a new phone line. But the line i ordered the broadband on is only about a year old and i cant see the loop length changing that much with a new line to where im living.

So that was the first time i heard they deal though Eircom, meaning what i was told on the phone was a load of C**p, and they are reliant on Eircom just BT etc..

Just found out all my friends that ordered it in kilcoole got told the same.

Is there any way we can get this false advertising removed from there site? Or at least get them to tell the truth on the phone.

its just not right getting people's hopes up like that...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Howdy,

I got my Netopia wireless modem from eircom this morning, playing the waiting game waiting for the line to be enabled.

I live in beachdale near medowbrook.

Its technically not false advertising as they do serve kilcoole, the likes of Riverside and silverlawn(think thats the name ?) and the new estates. Which i know people that have dsl in these estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

yeah, true enough, but they have failed ppl form seaview etc as well, which kinda sucks.
    was pritty p***ed off when i posted that yesterday lol

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Borris wrote:
    yeah, true enough, but they have failed ppl form seaview etc as well, which kinda sucks.
    was pritty p***ed off when i posted that yesterday lol

Yeh but seaview is still on the greystones exchange

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

There 2mb package is ADSL not like there other packages which are ADSL2 they really need to change there database practically every line i enter passes but realistically they are to far away from the exchange.

Advertisement