Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noticed this in buy & sell...

Options
  • 27-04-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

VW Golf 1.4L petrol ’01, Leinster, Dublin 24 €4000.00
    22k mls, 3 dr, black, ABS, a/c, a/b, alarm, alloys, CD, c/l, e/m, e/w, immob, p/s, going abroad, quick sale needed.

It just sounds to good to be true, just a bit wary about this one. Im gonna ring to see what they have to say, but was looking to see what people taught about it first.

:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think you should have put this in the "Motors" forum.
    The "FS motors" forum is for use if you are selling a vehicle yourself.
    Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

might be crash damage. although it looks repaired there are often signs such as damage to the engine. Worth a look and a up to date NCT report. But then again quick sale? Prob genuine and gone by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Ask to see the logbook.

If it has stamps on it from it's servicing then it will give the milage. It seems 22k is very very low for a five year old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

My fault for not posting in correct forum feel free to move moderator. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kippy wrote:
    I think you should have put this in the "Motors" forum.
    The "FS motors" forum is for use if you are selling a vehicle yourself.
    Reported.

Did you tell tales in school?

Regarding the car, my guess is it's a prank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Kippy,
    Why is this in for sale? Why did you ask for it too be moved?

OP is not selling the car, is asking for opions on it, and what to look for.

Lets try leave the the mod's mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Hal1 wrote:
    VW Golf 1.4L petrol ’01, Leinster, Dublin 24 €4000.00
    22k mls, 3 dr, black, ABS, a/c, a/b, alarm, alloys, CD, c/l, e/m, e/w, immob, p/s, going abroad, quick sale needed.

It just sounds to good to be true, just a bit wary about this one. Im gonna ring to see what they have to say, but was looking to see what people taught about it first.

:o
    Well did you call them? Any update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭alansan

I was thinking the same thing Anan1. I've encountered this kind of 'hilarious prank' before. As I said, hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

alansan wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing Anan1. I've encountered this kind of 'hilarious prank' before. As I said, hilarious.

Can I take it that it was your car that was advertised?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Haha never happened me yet but it's happened to friends. The buy and sell is the easiest way ever to play a completely anonymous prank. One lad had his number down for paying top money for a donkey, will collect. Had plenty of calls from indecipherable farmers telling him about their donkeys lol. More relevant to this thread, another had his name down as selling a scooter for about half the going rate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

find out what this guy says.it might just be a crashed car.or he might just be fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Kippy,
    Why is this in for sale? Why did you ask for it too be moved?

OP is not selling the car, is asking for opions on it, and what to look for.

Lets try leave the the mod's mod.
    The post was originally posted in the FS Motors forum;this didnt look to be the correct forum so I reported it. It has since been moved to the Motors forum where I think its better categorised.
    Did you tell tales in school?
    The post was in the wrong forum.....I reported it to be moved as well as advised the original poster who agreed it was the wrong forum.....
    Telling tales in school is slightly off topic.
    Kippy

Hi, ok I rang twice today and no answer just as I taught tbh. And no it was not my car you cheeky bugger :) I was just looking for some feedback on it, what to look out for etc. k tnx bah. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Hal1 wrote:
    Hi, ok I rang twice today and no answer just as I taught tbh. And no it was not my car you cheeky bugger :) I was just looking for some feedback on it, what to look out for etc. k tnx bah. :o

really does sound dodgy.i would just call him for the laugh but i would not buy the car:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Check it for finance, I've found a lot of people trying to offload cars without clearing monies owed to finance companies and swearing they had cleared their loan or it was a bank loan etc.

Yea, there be some dodgy dealers/sellers out there I wouldn't have bother even viewing the car but just wanted to hear what the guy had to say about it. Btw nice pic victor was that your own ;)

Advertisement