Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Exterior Door

• 27-04-2006 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Thinking about getting a new front door and don't want to break the bank, but would prefer not to go for a PVC one. As the house is pretty old, I think a brightly painted, simple cottage-style wooden door with a window would look best (currently have a glass & aluminium nightmare).

Does anyone have any experience with companies that manafacture / fit wooden doors and what sort of price do you think I'd be looking at (minimum! :o )and can you recommend a particular company?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kazzer00

Hi Addie,

We purchased cottage style door from Crumlin Door Store (opp DID) and they're charging €1000 incl fitting. Best price we could get. Lovely crowd to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dras

depending on exact door, about 750-850 plus vat from workshop in Galway in teak, primed, with frame, unglazed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 addie

Kazzer00 wrote:
    Hi Addie,

We purchased cottage style door from Crumlin Door Store (opp DID) and they're charging €1000 incl fitting. Best price we could get. Lovely crowd to deal with.

Great, cheers. We're in the Crumlin area so that could be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kazzer00

Sorry - they're actually called Door Choice - they're at the sundrive road junction (opp DID as I said before)

Advertisement