Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Exterior Door

Options
  • 27-04-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Thinking about getting a new front door and don't want to break the bank, but would prefer not to go for a PVC one. As the house is pretty old, I think a brightly painted, simple cottage-style wooden door with a window would look best (currently have a glass & aluminium nightmare).

Does anyone have any experience with companies that manafacture / fit wooden doors and what sort of price do you think I'd be looking at (minimum! :o )and can you recommend a particular company?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Hi,

I did this for my house. A lot of research and quotes later, I found that all the prices were very similar for supply and fit.

I got a solid hardwood (scandinavian pine) door from Harmon Vindeur. Also got quotes from Rationel and Swedex. They were all in and around €2000 supply and fit for a solid custom door with window above.

Very good quality and very insulating. I think the glass is triple glazed argon fill. The door is similar. Went for Harmon because they could build the required style door easier than the others (the house is listed so it has to look "original").

L.

Advertisement