Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway roads

Options
  • 27-04-2006 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Whats the story with the Galway to Ballinasloe bypass and the Athlone/Ballinasloe bypass or when are they going to be built :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Short answer, not for a long time. They're well started on Kinnegad-Kilbeggan and they've planned Killbeggan-Athlone but you'll be waiting a while for anything west of the Shannon.

The Galway-Ballinasloe section will only be tenderd by the end of the year and I think there's still problems with the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

what about claregalway bypass we need 1 TO !!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wasn't the proposed Claregalway bypass canned because they now want to build a dual carriageway to Tuam?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Robbo wrote:
    Wasn't the proposed Claregalway bypass canned because they now want to build a dual carriageway to Tuam?

ìt was origionally canned because the people of clargalway didn't want one!!!
    now look at the state of the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

jabberwock wrote:
    ìt was origionally canned because the people of clargalway didn't want one!!!
    now look at the state of the place

Its the new Loughrea for a bottle neck, yet its a quarter the size.Residents must be well pissed now,i know i would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

27000 cars pass through Claregalway per day. I have to pass through it twice a day. It's a fúcking nightmare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the locals will not sell the land to the council to build the claregalway bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Sponge Bob wrote:
    the locals will not sell the land to the council to build the claregalway bypass

What about compulsery purchase orders? Not a nice way to sort out the situation but when impacts so many people's lives I think it'd be justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Go-ahead given for Claregalway Bypass – Grealish

Thursday 26th May 2005
    Progressive Democrats TD for Galway West Noel Grealish TD has confirmed that the go-ahead is to be given by the National Roads Authority (NRA) for the Claregalway Bypass

'The Chief Executive of the NRA, Mr Fred Barry, has confirmed to me that the Claregalway bypass is to get the green light. This is fantastic news for the people of Claregalway who have campaigned and petitioned so hard for this project.'

At present, 30,000 cars travel through the village on a daily basis, and local residents have been calling for the construction of a bypass in order to relieve the village of congestion and heavy traffic volumes.

'I have had numerous meetings with the NRA on this issue, making the case for the bypass and expressing the views of local residents, and I was therefore delighted to be informed by the Chief Executive that approval, in principle, is being given,' says Deputy Grealish.

'This is a hugely important piece of local infrastructure and badly needed in the village of Claregalway. However, it is important now to ensure that there is proper consultation with all sides, that the process is moved forward with all local concerns on board, and the proper and appropriate valuations of the land required are carried out.'
    :D

Advertisement