Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Signatures

Options
  • 27-04-2006 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

My sigs:

You can see a link to all of my sigs HERE

There is also a link to a wallpaper I designed in photoshop completely except for the 2 UT04 characters.

Here is a cross sample of a few of the best imo. Most forums i'm on have the signature sizes set to max 400x140 so that's why they are bigger than the ones here.

ironman2.jpg

das_shadow.gif

torch.jpg

beach.jpg

spawn_fey2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

*bump*

Just looking for some C&C, and areas people think i need to work on. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

They're not bad. Text needs work, and the backgrounds look a little flat. You're using downloaded brushes right? I would tend to just use the defaults, as it brings out a lot more creativity, and it's more fun.

Here's a link to most of my sigs, I haven't made any new ones in a few months though: http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/MarillionIDG/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

OctavarIan wrote:
    They're not bad. Text needs work, and the backgrounds look a little flat.

They're very very good - especially the backgrounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Thanks. Yeah I need the criticism. I use downloaded brushes, and some of my own, because the stock set with PS is rubbish IMO, I don't see the point in using second grade brushes when you can get better ones on deviant art and such. I'm not brushing to prove my technical prowess, i'm doing it to create something that i'm proud to have as a signature on a forum or board.

But criticism duly noted, I am never really happy with the depth in my sigs. Usually because I don't really plan them out, I just get a render, start brushing with random brushes then add some blending and filtering until something looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

L31mr0d wrote:
    Thanks. Yeah I need the criticism. I use downloaded brushes, and some of my own, because the stock set with PS is rubbish IMO, I don't see the point in using second grade brushes when you can get better ones on deviant art and such. I'm not brushing to prove my technical prowess, i'm doing it to create something that i'm proud to have as a signature on a forum or board.

If I need a certain type of brush, I try to make it myself. It's a great feeling when someone asks where did you get the brushes for the background from, and you can say you made them yourself! But anyway, different strokes for different folks.
    L31mr0d wrote:
    But criticism duly noted, I am never really happy with the depth in my sigs. Usually because I don't really plan them out, I just get a render, start brushing with random brushes then add some blending and filtering until something looks good.

I don't plan mine either. But there are a few techniques that can add depth. If you want, pm me your msn address and I could show you some. We could even collab on something!

• Advertisement
Advertisement