Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRAI F-class International At MNSCI ranges

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Sparks wrote:
    Firstly Leupold, you haven't shown that the MNSCI is the same as the NRAI. There might be people on the management of both; but there are people on the managment of both the NTSA and DRC (for example) and those two are seperate bodies.

I did not set out to show they were the same.I observed that they had common objectives which resulted in the NRAI not being able to operate as a truly National body. I have not seen any list of officers of the NRAI, or a constitution, as I am not aware of any list being published(Unlike the two organisations you reference). The NRAI have published generic objectives which are very noble. They do have the same address and phone number as the MNSCI and the people who organise shoots etc are MNSCI personnel so it looks like a common operation. My belief is that total seperation of the NRAI from the MNSCI is the only way for the NRAI to go and this should result in a level playing field for all full bore shooters

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

My belief is that total seperation of the NRAI from the MNSCI is the only way for the NRAI to go and this should result in a level playing field for all full bore shooters
    In the long run, I'd expect that to happen as well; but given the currently small numbers of shooters in fullbore shooting (compared to .22 shooting which wasn't restricted for thirty-odd years and so has a lot more people), I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of divergence just yet. You are right in that more information needs to be published though - half of these threads seem to be based on a lack of information rather than an actual conflict of interest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

I agree with you Sparks. Many of the arguments here are based on either no knowledge or hearsay. One of the areas where the mods do add significant value is in providing the knowledge that is sadly missing from many of the debates, usually the more heated ones. But, getting back to this thread and the issue of "open" shoots and inclusivity. I cannot recall going to an open or National shoot where the club running the shoot charged less for it's members than for non members. For all the competitions I can recall, there is a flat fee. The only exception to this is the MNSCI/NRAI situation under discussion where non members are charged twice the price of members. The issue about members already contributing to the development or upkeep of the range also applies to all other clubs running open shoots so why is the MNSCI/NRAI different? Clubs I have been involved in consider it a duty and a contribution to the sport to run open shoots, providing the time, expense and people to run these shoots. What is different here? In my view, it is because of the overlap of the two organisations.
    It would be very helpful to this debate if we heard from accredited representatives of the two organisations , as opposed to the club members who usually talk about the MNSCI in such glowing terms.

I cannot recall going to an open or National shoot where the club running the shoot charged less for it's members than for non members.
    Every DURC open I've ever gone to has a lower fee for DURC members than for the rest of the shooting community. It might be a special case as DURC members are all students anyway, but still.

And yes, I'd welcome the NRAI to make comments here the same way that the LRRAI have through Liam Good (I'm assuming here, of course, that Liam was posting as the head of the LRRAI and not as a private individual - perhaps he can comment on this?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

N.R.A.I / M.N.S.C.I or M.NS.C.I /N.R.A.I WHATEVER!!
    They have been doing wonders for the shooting sports and we must admit that they have really revived fullbore shooting in Ireland.
    The N.R.A.I have stated that they are an organization run by shooters for shooters, sounds okay to me or should the local I.C.A run the N.R.A.I now that would keep the two organizations seperate Leopold:D

In regard to the prices for competition and range fees etc it is a pity they are not cheaper as Im sure the cheaper it is the more would be involved.Anyhow there should be an A.G.M of the N.R.A.I soon and thats the time for all to attend and voice any opinions and hopefully only genuine shooters attend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My only criticism or MRC would be that a .22 rilfle shooter can go shoot no problem but a pistol or full bore rifle shoother cann't. I wouldn't call my self a national anything till thats rectified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

Rew---What ranges do you know of anywhere including outside Ireland that you can walk in as a non member or not a guest of a full member and shoot fullbore. In all fairness I think this exists for security and safety reasons (think about it )If you are interested in shooting fullbore membership is cheap there,to be honest about it you could easily shoot half the price of your membership in bullets on a good day in fullbore but thank God we have a suitable range to shoot on that also have cheap range fees.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You can walk in off the steet in the US and Canada and shoot anything you want. Im not sure about Europe but I thought that the ranges up north were available to non-members to shoot?

You can go in as a guest and shoot just not pay a range fee and shoot. It would be an extra revenue stream for them, would probably attract new members. There going to get as many muppets as members and guests so I dont think walkins are going to add to many more.

Its too far for me to treck down that often but the odd weekend I get a day where im doing nothing and i'd love to go shoot there but I cann't...

I would do there safety course to qualify to shoot there happily, thats fair enough.

Sparks wrote:
    Every DURC open I've ever gone to has a lower fee for DURC members than for the rest of the shooting community. It might be a special case as DURC members are all students anyway, but still.

And yes, I'd welcome the NRAI to make comments here the same way that the LRRAI have through Liam Good (I'm assuming here, of course, that Liam was posting as the head of the LRRAI and not as a private individual - perhaps he can comment on this?)

Wrong - students and juniors get a reduced entry fee, usually €10 instead of €15.

Wrong - students and juniors get a reduced entry fee, usually €10 instead of €15.
    That's a recent change so O_P - we used to have a reduced member's fee as far back as I remember.

• Advertisement

Well, for the last few years it has been like that in every air rifle shoot,

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Liam Good

Sparks wrote:

If I may clarify for you Sparks and any other interested parties, any of my posts on this or any other boards are my own personal views.

Liam Good wrote:
    If I may clarify for you Sparks and any other interested parties, any of my posts on this or any other boards are my own personal views.
    Grand so Liam. You can understand, I hope, that in the context, it was a mite confusing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

The NRAI report on the f-class international is now up with some photo's.More photo's will be added in the coming days, go to www.nrai.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Boudica,

thanks for the update...

A very interesting report - I must get up to Offaly soon and try out Sporter class.

Any chance of a photo of the targets used in the f-class leagues, and info of how the scores are calculated?

thanks,

mosulli4

Hi MOUSLLI4, YOU WILL BE MADE MOST WELCOME.
    Scoring is explained on the www.nrai.ie web site under the FAQ heading on the site. WE WILL GET A PHOTO OF THE TARGETS ON THE SITE.

Basicially the highest score is a v-bull being equal to 5.1 or in some cases 6,all the way down to 1 point.
    All scores are indicated back to the shooter across the bottom of the target board.
    V-bull being indicated as a red square in the right hand corner and one point being indicated at the left hand bottom corner of the target board all other scores being indicated between these two points, I hope this is clear.
    ALSO YOUR BULLET STRIKE IS INDICATED BY A LUMINOUS RED DISC ON THE TARGET IT SELF so that you can make windage or elevation corrections.

We look forward to seeing you at one of our f-class league matches. DATES WILL BE POSTED OF THE SUMMER /AUTUMN LEAGUE ON THE WEB SITE SOON.
    The remainig matches are on the 14 may and the 11 june.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Thanks again Boudica,

you are full of information. I am sure I stated before that I am a member of Midlands, and I was wondering if any of the f-class regulars stage a "getting started" type course. It would be interesting to learn how the experts work with judging wind, adjusting scopes, and aiming off etc...

thanks again,

mosulli4

MOUSLLI4,There will be one day workshops for people who wish to get started in f-class.
    These will be advertise on the web site, in the NRAI newsletter, and the club house on the MNSCI.
    There is an f-class match this sunday why not come and watch or even better still join in. you will be paired with some one who can guide you through the course and we all start some where even I STARTED AT THE BEGINNING AND I AM STILL LEARNING.

Advertisement