Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rough idle on golf mvIV 1.6

Options
  • 27-04-2006 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

sorry, if this was asked before.

Bought a 1.6 mkIV 01 some 1 month ago. I noticed that when it's idling it's vibrating. It's not very bad, but it's noticeable.
    The moment you press the throtle it's runs smooth.

Because it was in the warranty I've asked the dealers to repair, they've sent it to VW to diagnostics, they've sent they checked everything, but the vibration it's still there.

Did anyone who owns a 1.6 mkIV had the same experience ? What could be the problem ? Is that a known issue with these engines ?

I hate paying a mechanic to replace this and the other, but the problem to still be there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

What rpm is it ideling at?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

If its down on oil it will run almost as if it has a miss, all Golfs burn oil too btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

junkyard wrote:
    If its down on oil it will run almost as if it has a miss.

You may have a point.

There is a known ideling problem with some VW engines after changing the oil and IF they are engines equipped with Hydraulic lifters as opposed to solid bucket and shim.

The Hyd pressure at the lifters may be incorrect.

Does any of this match your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oli_ro

thanks for the replies.

defo not because it's low on the oil. It was idling imediately after getting it serviced(which involved a oil change). also there is no miss.

Interesting idea, that it's idling because the oil was changed. So there could be a problem with these hydraulic lifters. what involves to fix this, opening the engine, etc ?

when idling it had about 620 revs

Runs perfectly other than that, it seems to me almost like a setting somewhere. the moment I push the accelarator a bit, it runs smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Thats a very low idle, get your mechanic to raise it a bit it should stop the vibes

• Advertisement
Advertisement