Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weeks El action (inc live Tv game on fri)

• 27-04-2006 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

FRIDAY APRIL 28
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians -v- UCD 7.45 Home
    Dalymount Park
    Bray Wndrs -v- Dublin City 7.45 Away
    Carlisle Grounds
    Drogheda United -v- Longford Town 7.45 Draw
    United Park
    Waterford Utd -v- Derry City 7.45 Away
    RSC
    St Pat's Ath -v- Cork City 8.00
    Richmond Park
    Setanta

25/04/2006
    LIVE: SAINTS V CORK
    19:30 Eircom League Build-Up
    The previewing begins ahead of tonight's Eircom League Premier Division match between St Patrick's Athletic and Cork City.

20:00 St Patrick's Athletic vs Cork City
    LIVE coverage of this Eircom League Premier Division match from Richmond Park. Pat's will be looking to cause an upset and get one over the defending champions. K.O. 8pm.

22:00 Eircom League Round-Up
    A full report, including action and analysis from tonight's games in the Eircom League.

Nice one for Setanta for actually making a tv show out of it other than 7.44 start on RTE2. We will need 2 goals to beat Cork, they not playing well but getting points and only scoring 4 goals so far. Imagine we try win the game and in 90th minute they have a shot and win. So go for 1-0 Cork.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

They're doing with the league games as they did with the Steanta Cup? Excellent, what a channel! I can't see this being a great game, but for once I'm up for the Stains - hoping they can take a punish Cork if they play poorly, who are also hindered by the lack of George O'Callaghan.

I'd fancy us to take 3 points in Sligo, but we've not been playing too well, but with Gary O'Neill probably starting I think we'll score at least once. In fact I'd be confident ot two. 2-2 I unfortunately find myself predicting :(

Bray have been dire, and Dublin City have been fighting well, 0-1.

Drogs 2-0 Longford, easy win.

Bohemians should beat UCD, but hopefully that won't happen ;)

Waterford - Derry, is there even any point? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Shame everyone wasnt playing morrow night, be a decent night to go to game get back to beer shop and see all the goals.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Although Bray have been very poor so far away from home, they have been pretty decent at home and should have beaten Cork but for some shocking finishing from Zayed. The players know that they have to start upping their performances big time and I think tomorrow could b the night to do it. Im expecting a pretty poor attendance at the Carlisle tomorrow night because Dublin CIty never bring much travelling support. Anyway I think Bray could take this one 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Reckon city will struggle tonight, missing george and flynny. hope admir softic starts he deserves to at this stage i think. gonna go for another nil all, although i hope its a good game for the cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This Softic guy seems to be getting rave reviews.

Can't wait to see him play tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

seansouth wrote:
    This Softic guy seems to be getting rave reviews.

Can't wait to see him play tbh.

yeah been watching him for the past few years at under 21 level, very comfortable on the ball, quick, good left foot, pacy, strong, tall, not afraid to shoot, very intelligent player..

a start tonight wont do him any harm at all.. he did very well when he came on against bray a fortnight ago, and wasnt given enough time in the setanta cup final..

although i'd imagine rico will go with woods on the left, colin o brien and joe gamble in the middle and o'donovan on the right...

been hearing that denis behan is a doubt so vinny sullivan might start up front, havent seen much of him tbh but has potential imo

Fenn out too apparently, according to some radio station I caught some news of as I walked past a shop. O'Flynn Georgie and Fenn out they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

My predictions:

Bohemians 0-1 UCD
    Bray Wndrs 2-0 Dublin City
    Drogheda United 3-1 Longford Town
    Waterford Utd 0-1 Derry City
    St Pat's Ath 0-0 Cork City
    Sligo R 0-4 The Reds ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

what channel is the city game on lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

what channel is the city game on lads?

Setanta afaik

• Advertisement

Bohs 0-1 UCD Cawley 8 min

St Pats 1-0 Cork City Murray o.g 32 min

Bray 0-1 Dublin City Collins 59 min

Drogs 1-0 Longford O'Brien 36 min

Waterford 1-1 Derry Browne 37 min for waterford, Deery 57 min for Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cork were absolutely woeful tonight, regardless of who they were missing. Softic, Murray, Murphy, O'Donovan... all of them were diabolical. Devine and Murray were at fault for both goals and O'Donovan was extremely fortunate to get away with a blatant dive inside the St. Pats area.

St. Pats played well and certainly deserved the win. I don't recall Ryan having to make a save at any stage, and Maguire was rock solid at the back. Anto Murphy and Sean O'Connor were impressive and Molloy (as much as it pains me to say it) played very well. Pats will do well if they continue to play like this, Cork won't.

Having said that, Richardson is probably right in saying it was one of the worst games they've had since he took over, and I can't see them playing that poorly on a regular basis. McDonnell even said it was his best game in charge of Pats!

Zebra3 wrote:
    Sligo R 0-4 The Reds ;)

Jaysus, its a good job theres a smiley in there or I might have had to question your sanity. Sligo are a very decent side, and I can see Shelbourne struggling to get a win from this. The reverse fixture at Tolka might be a different ball game but I'm going with a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Unfortunately City fell into the trap of not keeping up the pace of the game. Pats probably deserved the win, but they were nothing special either.

The game was spoiled with Pats players holding up the play and Stokes being terrible towards both sides.

Since last season we have lost Shane Long, Liam Kearney, Kevin Doyle, and for the most part John O'Flynn. And in the mean time we brought in a teenager from Oz and Vinny Sullivan from Waterford.

In the meantime, Shels, Drogs and Derry have added more quality.

Here is the problem.

Can I also say, what have Pats fans got against Tallaght? Richmond Park is a hole and Tallaght would be a massive improvement.

If people cared so much, where were they tonight. About 2,500 there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Can I also say, what have Pats fans got against Tallaght? Richmond Park is a hole and Tallaght would be a massive improvement.

It may be a hole but
    1) we own it unlike Tallaght which would be owned by the SDCC
    2) The Tallaght Stadium isnt exactly the Nou Camp at the moment
    3) Richmond is pats spiritual home
    4)Would the money generated from the sale go to SDCC towards the cost of Tallght, the shareholders of the club or the actual team
    5) Rovers have been involved in Tallaght for a number of years Pats would be the second team there
    It is a hotly debated issue amongst pats fans but the majority seem to be against a move.

on tonight's game I thought Pats did well after the dismal season last year a comfortable mid season place looks likely. Maguire Continued to play like his lookalike maldini, Frost and Mulcachy were solid as usual Foley , Socky continued to show the form of a much improved player Keegan although as slow as a snail did a decent job of holding the ball up.I didnt rate Anto Murphy when he was with us before and I still dont. ALso Glen Larsen had another game without even a sub appearance he looked good last season without scoring this season he hasn't been much use when he has got a chance as far as I know he is one of the higher payed players at the club how much longer can He and Pats afford him to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Another 1-0 defeat for longford :( going to be a long long season.

If people cared so much, where were they tonight. About 2,500 there tonight.

I'll say this as a Shels fan who has very little time for pats.

They'd be mad to move to Tallaght. Yes, Richmiond is a dump, but unlike the latest Cork franchise, Waterford, Rovers, Derry and even my beloved Shels, they actually own their own ground.

Good result last night, poor crowd from both sets of fans, expected more tbh.

Cork were very poor but as has been said they have a small squad and if the best 11 get injured they struggle, their own fault should have brought in more players tbh.

We played well and didnt let them have any time on the ball, should have scored before the OG but foley missed. In 2nd half we should have got another, how Cork didnt get a peno i dont know most blatant handball i have ever seen (havent seen it on tv yet) and i was in the Shed :confused:

Molloy took his goal very well and continued his workrate.

When is Ollie meeting SDCC about moving to Tallaght? Is it next week ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

We went 1 down to UCD and with half an hour to go with Bohs looking absolutely clueless and the Farrelly out campaign started by 7 or 8 fans Farrelly made 2 inspired substitutions, Hunt and McGuinness were withdrawn - if Hunt being taken off had backfired that would have been the entire crowd turning against him. O'Keefe and Powell came in and turned the game around and chant of the week .. "oh Barry Barry you used to be a w*nker but youre all right now"
    More used to celebrating in front of Bohs fans as a hated Longford player 2 goals in a week has seen him straight over to the fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk go on a four game streak now , winining 3 - 2 against limerick. They really are on form now and i cant see anyone stopping us now and i look forward to next weeks home game against finn harps.

Dundalk 3 - 2 limerick

COME ON THE TOWN !!!!!!!

Sligo 1-1 Shels one approaching half time.

O'Neill put Shels in front after eight with a header but Conor O'Grady equalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Aertel Page 222 handy for the updates.

Errortel more like!

Shels have a live commentary on the site and do minute-by-minute updates.

www.shelbournefc.ie

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Errortel more like!

Shels have a live commentary on the site and do minute-by-minute updates.

Heh was at the pats Shels game and got a text from a mate asking how the **** we were 2-0 down to Shels after 20 minutes, he woudlnt believe me that we were winning 2-0 :p Errortel had it as 2-0 Shels and had it that way for a long time.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Heh was at the pats Shels game and got a text from a mate asking how the **** we were 2-0 down to Shels after 20 minutes, he woudlnt believe me that we were winning 2-0 :p Errortel had it as 2-0 Shels and had it that way for a long time.

kdjac
    Yeah I remember that. Must have been the Molloy/Rutherford Shels connection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

livescore is better but theres normally quick updates on foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

rovers pats cup game coming up, interested to see how we stack up against an EL outfit

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The reverse fixture at Tolka might be a different ball game but I'm going with a 1-1 draw.

:) but :mad:

• Advertisement

blu_sonic wrote:
    rovers pats cup game coming up, interested to see how we stack up against an EL outfit

Didn't realise Rovers had left the eL... :D

no? wow don't you support the EL?

eL = Eircom League
    First Division = First Division

The First Division isn't the EL.

true but if they supported the EL they'd know we weren't there

blu_sonic wrote:
    Think he knows that, just probably refers to the First Division as part of the EL. :)

blu_sonic wrote:

Know who?

kdjac

• Advertisement

Terrible result the other night, down to terrible play. Sligo were unlucky several times, especially early on, as were we - hitting the bar twice in the final few minutes.
    The one good thing about the night was, again, Gary O'Neill, hero! Then Nutsy takes him off to leave that lazy git Byrne on the pitch. Why oh why?!

Shame to see the size of the crowd, I can't believe Sligo seem to get less at their games now that they got promoted! We had about 100 there, a bit low considering Sligo's a great trip!

but i never said we were EL, i said i wanted to see how we "stack up against an EL outfit". I always refer to us as EL1

There are 22 teams in the Eircom League. 12 play in the Eircom League Premier Division and 10 play in the Eircom League First Division.

It should be pretty simple really, even for a Rovers fan.

Zebra3 wrote:
    It should be pretty simple really, even for a Rovers fan.
    what a stupid thing to say, and its intent on getting a rise from rovers fans, its a blatent flame, hence your a flamer

Where in your infinite wisdom did i ever say we were a premier team? and by your explaination it would then be correct to say Rovers are an EL team seeing as you state there are 22 Eircom League teams?????

The 12 prem teams are EL
    The 10 others are EL1

pretty simple really.

Oj and in responce to my original post it seems we "stack up" pretty well against an EL outfit, infact 2-0 would be more than passable.

Advertisement