Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drakedog....

Options
  • 27-04-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Did you see Drakedogs suicide video? Jesus....

To someone who didn't know what WoW was it would mean nothing. But to people who know how long it takes to build up that kind of loot and reputation....

The video is on video.google.com just type in Drakedog suicide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Can't really see the gear that well from the video, but from what I could make out its not that good. Insignia Of The Horde was one of his trinkets ffs...

A woman on my server did that. She deleted her lvl60 all epix NE Druid then rerolled a horde toon. About a week after she realised all the money she lost so she sent a ticket to a GM saying she did it by accident and got her Druid back. She then de'd all her epix and sent the Nexus Crystal's to her Horde toon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

Can't really see the gear that well from the video, but from what I could make out its not that good. Insignia Of The Horde was one of his trinkets ffs...

A woman on my server did that. She deleted her lvl60 all epix NE Druid then rerolled a horde toon. About a week after she realised all the money she lost so she sent a ticket to a GM saying she did it by accident and got her Druid back. She then de'd all her epix and sent the Nexus Crystal's to her Horde toon.

Well he had the rank 13 shoulders, nemesis skullcap, and some of the other shadow damage stuff (3 rank13's i think).... also he's Drakedog. The man who showed the world how to play a Warlock in PvP. They were considered an easy kill until he made his videos apparently. You should watch them from warcraftmovies.com/ quite impressive.

i've watched some decent pvp videos, but i've never seen someone be so much in control of the 3 players he was fighting against. 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Was this before or after WL's got Deathcoil?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Drakedog is pretty well known as a good PVP Warlock. Seen a few of his vids, such a shame.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

it wasnt really about what gear he had. it was about the fact that one of the most well known players in the game deleted his char. i thought his video's were good, but i've seen better ones (i.e better fighting, better editing, and definatly better music).

i'd recommend EOS, which are ok, Pintsize, which are the funniest i've seen, and Harnessing Shadows 2, which has some unbelieveable wins for a demonology lock. the last one is my favourite Wow video so far (especially since i was a lock too)

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=14320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

A woman on my server did that. She deleted her lvl60 all epix NE Druid then rerolled a horde toon.
    lol I was fully prepared to do this a couple of weeks ago with my druid and I have some of the best drood epics in the game then I kind of came to my senses and thought of a better way to roll horde and still be able to play with the people from my server.

Was this before or after WL's got Deathcoil?

Yes. Although now when you look back on it, Warlocks were the exact same apart from the Deathcoil thing. So you could still Fear and Dot and get savage crits etc... he was just the first person to really figure out a good damage build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

lol I was fully prepared to do this a couple of weeks ago with my druid and I have some of the best drood epics in the game then I kind of came to my senses and thought of a better way to roll horde and still be able to play with the people from my server

Why lie kil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Drakedog was known mostly because he was one of the first warlocks to release a pvp movie, plus the destruction tree was pretty poor back then. Kiith, those 3 warlocks you listed are all soul link warlocks, an entirely different playing style (and rather boring imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Epicpriest wrote:
    Yes. Although now when you look back on it, Warlocks were the exact same apart from the Deathcoil thing. So you could still Fear and Dot and get savage crits etc... he was just the first person to really figure out a good damage build.

Releasing one of the first PvP movies =/= First person to create a build

I knew a few warlocks who played like this on my server alone way before I had heard of Drakedog. The guy was decent but his skill was way blown out of proportion imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Kiith wrote:
    i Harnessing Shadows 2, which has some unbelieveable wins for a demonology lock. the last one is my favourite Wow video so far (especially since i was a lock too)

tbh that video is a joke, soul link full nemesis, nef staff as well as i win button :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

He was a good pvp warlock, no doubt..

the movie was way too "omg so sad" for me though

He's still playing apparently as a Paladin on some server. Don't think he will excel in combat PvP with one of them though....

Advertisement