Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TX32LXD500

• 27-04-2006 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone ,
    I have been trying to find a place in Dublin that sells the Panasonic TX32LXD500 LCD TV and there doesnt seem to be any ?

Does anyone know if this model is discontinued ? Why is it so hard to find ?

I want this one because it has a PC input , and great reviews , none of the other panasonics ( or LCD TV's for that matter ) seem to have PC inputs or if they do they have had very bad reviews (Sony Bravia being a case in point as well as being pig ugly to look at !! )

Even the new panasonic , the D60 or whatever , does not list a PC input . I want a PC input for my HTPC , video out is not an option as PC outputs converted to PAL or NTSC make the text completely unreadable , and the unit will be used to browse the net.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

When you say PC input do you mean specifically VGA?

If so why? Most 32" LCDs have a DVI or HDMI input, and if your PC doesn't have DVI it's only a matter of changing the graphics card.

Here's a 32" for sale at 999 with a VGA

http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/lcd-tv-ab46/884945/-/Article.html?fillspace=1

But like I said, just get one with DVI/HDMI and change your graphics card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

What I mean by PC input is it must have a port that can be dedicated to this , Most only have one HDMI port or one DVI port , thats no good as Sky is going to be connected to this all the time.

Scarts , component video , S-video , etc. are no good for a PC because as mentioned the text becomes unreadable.

I dont want to be diving to the back of the TV everytime I want to switch on the HTPC ( or more importantly the GF will not do this ! )

The new HD Flat panel experience will not happen without the GF approval and the only thing winning her over is the HTPC which she loves after a Demo I gave .
    But , I must be able to connect permanently through a DVI, VGA , or separate HDMI input , so far , the only unit Ive seen with a good review and the required inputs is the above mentioned panasonic.

Thanks for the link , but HCC ( home cinema choice ) slaughter that LG unit in terms of picture quality. No offense :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

I just saw the spec for the panasonic TX32LXD60 on Komplett and it has two HDMI inputs , it also has the TX32LXD500 but has a 60 day wait for the unit , they must be short on stock or letting the units die out before introducing new models.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeJa

The new version TX32LXD600 is due into us in the middle of may and has a pc i/p. We deliver to Dublin every day. If you have any queries tvrepairs@hotmail.com or 04830 868296 ext 236.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

There just aren't enough hdmi ports on these new panels. In a years time you could easily have:

DVD, Sat/cable, PC and games console, so 4 ports wouldn't be unreasonable. External hdmi switching gear is very expensive at the moment.

One thing with PC hdmi - Graphics cards with hdmi out are very rare, and those that do will not mux all sound cards output (only specific ones) - there will need to be a new PC standard for combining the video/sound on hdmi.

For some tvs this isn't a problem, because they allow you combine video from hdmi with sound from another input, but not every panel does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement