Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Users Upgraded but now experiencing major problems Thread

• 27-04-2006 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so I'm upgraded for the last month and I have seen nothing but issues since the upgrade, what I want to do is start a thread detailing the issues we are seeing and see if all NTL customers are seeing the same issues:-

NTL Package:- Broadband Max
    Modem :- NTL Home 120
    Router being used? Y
    Make and Model:- Netgear WGT624 v2

Main Issues
    1) XBox Live had no problems downloading demos while I had 3Meg Service now system loses connection or connection slow.
    2) Torrent files :- Before I could leave my wired PC downloading overnight and Torrent would be downloaded now since upgraded NTL modem loses connection or I can see it constantly rebooting
    3) Normal connecting to sites such as Boards.ie can take ages and freeze as above with Modem restarting every few minutes.
    4) Currently my download speed is 1.04mbps and upload is 459kbps, which is very poor.

These are some of the issues I've come across so far just interested in those who have been upgrade to see what your seeing.

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

NTL Package:- Broadband Max
    Modem :- NTL Home 120
    Router being used? Y
    Make and Model:- Netgear TA612V Router/ata > D-link Di 514 wireless router

issues,
    like above, ntl modem loses connection whenever it get put under pressure for a period of time. speed from heanet is erratic lately with speeds between 400kbps to near full 10Meg( 1150 kbps. i had an engineer out and he said my line was the cleanest he had ever seen and put the disconnects down to the old 120 modem.he brought a new modem a few days later but wouldn't swap it for the old one because there was nobody over 18 in the house( only my 14 year old brother), so have been waiting for a day when i can be there during the day to make an appointment. im confident that everything will be ok once i get the new modem. from reading ntl:hell.co.uk it seems that only people with the 120 got the problems with disconnecting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

I had all the above issues with the 120 modem also, i insisted they gave me a 250 modem and everything is fine since. There's definetly something up with the firmware they put on the 120 for the incresed speeds.

Advertisement