Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

75k euro for a 206

Options
  • 27-04-2006 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Rumours have it that There are 2 people in dublin who spent 75k each on 2 206's.
    I seen one yesterday and i have to say they look amazing.But i wouldnot spend that much on a 206 i would buy a m3 or ferrari f355.

It is thought that daddy just gave 75k each and said go out and buy a car each and the guys came up with these cars.

If these are not the right figures can anyone clarify this please:confused:

Theres also 2 cans of NOS in it:eek: m i really love the exhaust system

what are you opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Now thats street cred - so much more refined than the usual attempts that are more commonplace. Still, I wouldn't but one. I still prefer my Passat TDI auto.

I'm getter sadder as I get older. Not too many years ago (ok, it's a good few) I'd have jumped at one of these - if Daddy was loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

That interior is enough to make me barf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Ernie Ball wrote:
    That interior is enough to make me barf.
    yes the interior is abit weird but i like the body kit and exhaust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

2fast2foolish

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

drdre wrote:
    Rumours have it that There are 2 people in dublin who spent 75k each on 2 206's.

what are you opinions

If they are irish cars, why is the rear reg plate yellow and blanked out?

Cal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I know the guy who owns the green one ;) IM FAMOUUUOSEE!!! lol

Cal wrote:
    If they are irish cars, why is the rear reg plate yellow and blanked out?

Cal.
    they are just brought over from uk.not registered here yet.

I know the guy who owns the green one ;) IM FAMOUUUOSEE!!! lol
    they are both brothers.one has the yellow one and one has the green one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Wow!!!! 75K and 2nd hand.

Now that is crazy.

Cal

Cal wrote:
    Wow!!!! 75K and 2nd hand.

Now that is crazy.

Cal

yeah, i kinda fiind it weird.its 04 reg.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

NoS in the glovebox? riiiiiight.

Prime candidates for www.barryboys.co.uk ridicule.

Even if they spent 750k, It's still a 206.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No way would I spend that much on a fúckin Peugeot. €45k towards an M5 (00'-01'), and enough left to pick up a classic, and there's still some left over to maintain them both.

Think of all you could get for €75k!!!

New 5 series, high spec S60, A6...........then think of what that would get you went for a 2002/2003 car.

75k on a 206 is borders on sick...........but everyone has their own taste I suppose.

serrity wrote:
    NoS in the glovebox? riiiiiight.

Prime candidates for www.barryboys.co.uk ridicule.

Even if they spent 750k, It's still a 206.

yes it NOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seriously, it's a 206. I like mine, but I wouldn't spend €75k on one, regardless of what had been done to it.

Think of the alternatives for that cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wez206

I own the car grumpy showed me the link thats how i found this thread.And no daddy didnt buy it for me i basically got off my arse and made a good deal of money.The reason i bought a 206 is cause they are lovely cars and there the best car to modify.As you can see.I was gunna buy a ferrari 360 but i didnt want it yet i wanna work my way up to bigger and better things:) Its a hobbie and i love it.It doesnt just have the looks it can really love aswell i can smoke most cars out there.Its running 230bhp at the moment:D not for long though ill be doing an engine transplant with a t16 going into it pushing out 350bhp so evo's get rady to eat my rubber:D At least i can say there is only 3 cars in the world to be at the same standard as mine.

Anymore questions???

wez206 wrote:
    i basically got off my arse and made a good deal of money.

Anymore questions???
    Good for you!

How quickly is it gonna depreciate?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

wez206 wrote:
    ill be doing an engine transplant with a t16 going into it pushing out 350bhp so evo's get rady to eat my rubber:D

Surely it will be eating its own rubber with that much going through the front wheels?

Insurance, dare I ask????

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

wez206 wrote:
    I own the car grumpy showed me the link thats how i found this thread.And no daddy didnt buy it for me i basically got off my arse and made a good deal of money.The reason i bought a 206 is cause they are lovely cars and there the best car to modify.As you can see.I was gunna buy a ferrari 360 but i didnt want it yet i wanna work my way up to bigger and better things:) Its a hobbie and i love it.It doesnt just have the looks it can really love aswell i can smoke most cars out there.Its running 230bhp at the moment:D not for long though ill be doing an engine transplant with a t16 going into it pushing out 350bhp so evo's get rady to eat my rubber:D At least i can say there is only 3 cars in the world to be at the same standard as mine.

Anymore questions???

Congratuations, you can hammer your way all the way up to 75mph (assuming your on the motorway) and then cruise nicely alongside everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Was the yellow one featured in 1 of the modified motors magazines a month or 2 ago? Did you really pay E75000 doing it up or is that a rumour. If you wanna smoke evo`s and the like why not just buy 1 of the big evos or subarus or something. :confused:

• Advertisement

Nuttzy wrote:
    Was the yellow one featured in 1 of the modified motors magazines a month or 2 ago? Did you really pay E75000 doing it up or is that a rumour. If you wanna smoke evo`s and the like why not just buy 1 of the big evos or subarus or something. :confused:

Why not just smoke it in a 206 huh THAT WILL REALLY PISS THEM OFF:D And im gunna do just that.The yellow one is in on the shelfs at the moment on the front cover of modified motors ya cant miss it ill be in it in june and max power and gti performance all covers shoot hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

wez206 wrote:

Anymore questions???

List where the €75,000 went??

In my opinion its imposible from looking at the car that there is that amount of money spent.

Do you understand what 350bhp is like in a FWD car? Especially with no traction or stability control.

wez206 wrote:
    Why not just smoke it in a 206 huh THAT WILL REALLY PISS THEM OFF:D And im gunna do just that.The yellow one is in on the shelfs at the moment on the front cover of modified motors ya cant miss it ill be in it in june and max power and gti performance all covers shoot hehe
    While your 'smokin em' will you just be careful and do your best not too add to the carnage on Irish roads.

I'm sure you're a sensible guy if you managed to earn enough to afford this motor. Use that sense on the roads!

Its funny all of ya talking as if your paying for the mods and insurance???Why show some much intrest in how much it cost ??? Its not about the money you mod cars for its how you enjoy it you only live once and im gunna live it the best way i can.Even if cost me thousands and thousands ill do it:cool: I could buy a evo or whatever but i know someone else has the same car as me and that just pisses me off i couldnt stick that:mad: My insurance isnt bad its 3000euro and im only 22.

VeVeX wrote:
    List where the €75,000 went??

In my opinion its imposible from looking at the car that there is that amount of money spent.

You obviously havent a clue about modifing then??? Just guess how much the wheels cost there custom made 18" 3 piece wheel in from america?Just guess i bet you wont come even close:)

crosstownk wrote:
    While your 'smokin em' will you just be careful and do your best not too add to the carnage on Irish roads.

I'm sure you're a sensible guy if you managed to earn enough to afford this motor. Use that sense on the roads!

Your dead right crosstownk and i do just that.I would never ever jepordise anybodys life to prove that my car is faster than someone else's:) I go for looks rather than speed.Now a days you just cant speed so not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 102091101

crosstownk wrote:
    Good for you!

How quickly is it gonna depreciate?

Fools and money are soon parted, but i'd love to know your strategy to earn that amount!

75k is not chicken scratch by any means especially if it was hard earned, how could you justify it as the base car for that amount of mods?

That said.

The 206 is , imho, a near classic (in terms of production numbers) .There will be a certain rarity attached to this kind of modification and a fool will buy it off you if you wait long enough...

What confuses me is why you didn't choose a better, rarer base car?
    I'd go with a cheap classic...porche,mustang.... gut and clean and stick in the ice ,new engine , new transmission..... or if that doesn't suit how about a subaru,mitsubishi or focus? Drivers cars instead of a car thats up there with the micra as a learners car?

I can't see where the 75k has gone...there's nothing spectacular about the car....it looks like any other run of the mill mod

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

I'll take a guess at €2k a corner...... Close?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

wez206 wrote:
    Your dead right crosstownk and i do just that.I would never ever jepordise anybodys life to prove that my car is faster than someone else's:) I go for looks rather than speed.Now a days you just cant speed so not worth it.

So how will you "smoke" them without speed? Do you just pull up beside the and make loud engine noises?

• Advertisement

Magown3 wrote:
    I'll take a guess at €2k a corner...... Close?

Moooooore

Advertisement