Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

75k euro for a 206

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The work *appears* to be of good quality, although, given the benchmark set by the Dutch Gold modders of Ireland, that's not much of a recommendation...

It looks good, at least from those (poor quality) photographs.

Now, reality bites... 75 grand; for a 206... repeat that, Mr. Agression, until it sinks in.

We don't care how much your wheels cost.

We don't care about the thermos flasks in your glovebox.

We don't care about your stated desire to "smoke" scoobies and Evo's everywhere you go... on a racetrack of course, ahem...

What you are being judged on, at least here, is your attitude. You come across as every inch the boy racer, and not as a genuine modder.

You're not that either, you just bought into it. A la carte motoring.

A genuine modifier is just that, they buy a base, and modify, either themselves, or through the skills of others. A well modded car is a fine sight to behold, and a credit to the person who got it that way.

Look at what you could have had for the shekels.

And before you play the jealousy card, as you already have done to at least one poster, it won't wash. I can have a bank draft to the value of both those cars before close of business today, I simply choose not to. In fact, the book value of both cars in my drive is probably less than the cost of your alloys, and I'm still a happy bunny. Go figure.

Nice thread Dr. Dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

wow...

That's alot of moolah. Why not get a skyline or something? You hardly ever see them and I'd give them a hell of alot more respect then I'd give your 206.

It certainly doesnt look like €75k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I was gunna buy a ferrari 360

Surely you meant a PEUGEOT 306 - the next model up in the pyoojo range......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

nice looking motor, the 75k figure must have been for them "both", im not gone on the interior mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

any chance of posting a few more pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Personally I'm not into that at all. For 75k you could build a kit car that is actually unique. Not a glammed up 206. Fair enough if you have the money, and its a hobby etc etc. But I don't see the point of it at all. Its a fashion statement not a motoring one. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I would like to see this Thread moved to the Modified Cars sub-forum, and see what kind of reaction it would get.

TBH, I would rather put 75k into an Audi A4, but that discussion is for a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Touch wood and all that, but lets say you write it off tomorrow, will the insurance company cover the cost of all your mods that you had done to your 206?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Hal1 wrote:
    Touch wood and all that, but lets say you write it off tomorrow, will the insurance company cover the cost of all your mods that you had done to your 206?

If you can afford to throw away 75k I doubt that would be a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Personally with 75K id actually get somthing quick and go racing proper, rather than this pi$$ar$ing around.

But thats me...............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

http://www.carzone.com/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=353421

That...or a 206....I imagine the m3 would be close enough in terms of speed, plus it looks a damn sight better. Well apart from the soft top, that was the first example I found on carzone though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A friend of mine bought an A3 got 19" rims from Arizona, full bodykit, genuine recaro's, professional tint, classy head unit, full body respray, brake upgrades, all for 18k including getting all the work professionally done. bein done this wk.

He's 21 and that 18 k includes this yrs insurance

75 K for a 206 is mad, but whatever you're havin yourself

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Just one question - will it fit three carseats in the back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My god, have had such a depressing week and day especially and I've just seen this thread and busted my hole laughing for the last half an hour.....

.....some people..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

into the modding scean myself id love to see these cars in the flesh they look class . id have a few questions of my own .

i dont actually see from the pics where the money went i could see 75k on both in total and i have to say fair ****s to them . i think they done a good job . i likes the yellow one .

i hope that they put these up for all the shows in ireland and the uk and that these were created to help promote there business and not privatly owned .

i hope you dont go over any speed bumps

btw loads of people here would sleep with hitler then decide to back up a modified car enthusiast ( im not a english teacher so mistakes ) dont play up to them and dont call them a fag its just not nice since this thread is about your car and not anyones sexuality . yet again nice car .

is the car going to be driven on irish roads ? if so wheres the front number plate going ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

You're a knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

elexes wrote:
    i hope you dont go over any speed bumps

Thats what i was thinking but there both on airbag suspension,hence the wheels not looking like there filling the archs in the first pics.

Its big money alright and if you can afford to do it then so be,wouldnt it be worse if you blew it on booze n drugs,at least at the end of the day you have something to show for your money and get to travel all over europe to shows with.

i cant find my copy of mm for this month . but cant rember seeing a pug 206 on the cover . maby im just forgetfull .

Yep its the yellow one in this months MM

eireal wrote:
    Its big money alright and if you can afford to do it then so be,wouldnt it be worse if you blew it on booze n drugs,at least at the end of the day you have something to show for your money

hehe what I find funny is the tools driving up and down the town when I'm goin into a pub, there still there when I come out, still there as I go into the nightclub and even still driving up and down as I come out of the nightclub at 3 in the morning.

What a pathetic life that must be, obviously not "true modifiers" but they still bear the same need as modifiers and thats attention.

And at the end of the day you have a car that only appeals to a small minority of people and losses all its value when instead of wasting all that time and money you could have bought a proper sports car, i mean a 206 is still after 75k just a 206

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote:
    What a pathetic life that must be, obviously not "true modifiers" but they still bear the same need as modifiers and thats attention.

And at the end of the day you have a car that only appeals to a small minority of people and losses all its value when instead of wasting all that time and money you could have bought a proper sports car, i mean a 206 is still after 75k just a 206

i hate them people that mod there house ... why cant they conform to the norm and not try and get something they like and dont even get me started about people who dye there hair or want a different haircut

elexes wrote:
    i hate them people that mod there house ... why cant they conform to the norm and not try and get something they like and dont even get me started about people who dye there hair or want a different haircut

ha i dont mind anyone doin what they want, to be honest someone spending 75k on a 206 gives me a laugh. And if its what they want then fair play to them for doing it.

I was just stating my opinion on the matter and the fact that I would choose to spend the 75k in a different way. In the same way that you stated your own opinions.

so you go and make fun of my opinions because you believed i was making fun of your opinions?

therefore making you as bad as me.(if I was in fact making fun of your opinions)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i dont have a problem with somebody spending 75 grand on a car but do it on something with a bit of class the fact that after spending 75 grand and you still look like a pikey does not really do much for me.

Still kids these days !

draffodx wrote:

Whats pathetic about it?If there doing no harm and causing no annoyance then leave them be.Personally id prefare to put 200e into my car on something that ill actually see or get a benifit from rather than wasting it in a pub and pissing it up against a wall on a saturday night tbh.

Any car ive owned has been modified and personally a pug wouldnt be my choice with that kind of money to play with but i can appreciate and see where the workmanship gone into both of the cars.

Afaik they were done by ecosse in the uk,ecosse would be to peugeot what AMG would be to mercedes,its big big money your gonna be paying for even a service from them.

Just as another example here's a 75k modified car,it was built by a uk company but ended up going in flames due to an electrical fire!Personally i think its rotten but it just goes to show people do spend stupid amounts of money on there cars!

astra_full.jpg

astra_side.jpg

astra_interior.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just to clear something up here..

Did these guys buy 2 std 206's and spend 75k modding them, OR, did they just buy them for 75k as is?

If its the latter, then I laugh. If they bought them as standard, than all I can do is say fair play. Not my cup of tea, id certainly spend my 75k differently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

At least that Astra can't be clamped, a clamp wouldn't go on cos of the wheel arches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Mine's better:

ricer-max.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ecosse are to Peugeot what AMG are to Mercedes?

More like a Halfords devoted to Peugeots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Mine's better:

ricer-max.jpg

Is that really a Nissan Primera under all that?:eek:
    Anyone who spends 75k on a Peugeot need intensive care not just counciling.

• Advertisement

i didnt mean to make fun of your opinion . but saying that the only reason i like getting various things done to my car is because i seek attention is just wrong .

Advertisement