Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

75k euro for a 206

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

wez206 wrote:
    I own the car grumpy showed me the link thats how i found this thread.And no daddy didnt buy it for me i basically got off my arse and made a good deal of money.The reason i bought a 206 is cause they are lovely cars and there the best car to modify.As you can see.I was gunna buy a ferrari 360 but i didnt want it yet i wanna work my way up to bigger and better things:) Its a hobbie and i love it.It doesnt just have the looks it can really love aswell i can smoke most cars out there.Its running 230bhp at the moment:D not for long though ill be doing an engine transplant with a t16 going into it pushing out 350bhp so evo's get rady to eat my rubber:D At least i can say there is only 3 cars in the world to be at the same standard as mine.

Anymore questions???

I'll bet you smoke cars you idiot, smoke is all you will see from a 230bhp front wheel drive car with no lsd or any kind of traction control. Never mind tyres with 3 mil thick rubber on them. 350bhp will turn the car into the worlds fastest merry-go round, not to worry though there are enough vulgar bolt on's and faux bling to ensure it will fit right into any travelling circus.

I can also think of pleanty of standard cars that are more than above the standard of your car in terms of reliability, style, driveability, price and comfort, dont get me wrong i can appreciate the ammount of (someone elses) work that has gone into the car. But 75k is rubbish for a vulgar chav mobile.

The reason i bought a 206 is cause they are lovely cars and there the best car to modify < best cars out of what selection, 1998 hatchbacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

any idea on how much those cars might fetch if sold again?

nowhere near 75K I'll bet. at least with a Ferrari 360 it might be worth something in a few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Probably a daft question but are these cars owned/run in Ireland?

The OP reckons he 'was gunna buy a ferrari 360', but he's 22, so who'd insure him. Aside from the fact there are a good few 360's about, so it I can't see where his banging on about individuality fits in? Would love to know the mental condition of someone who got off their arse and 'made a good deal of money' (€75k?), then blew it on a Pug. Fair play and the work looks good (although not my bag), but it's insanity:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

That astra is hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Gatster wrote:
    Probably a daft question but are these cars owned/run in Ireland?
    :

Yep they are,they were bought in the uk then sent to eccose hence the yellow plates.Wes has another modded 206 as a "daily driver"

As for getting your money back itd be practically impossible alright but as the saying goes there's an arse for every seat!The sultan of brunei may have a taste for modded pugs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

elexes wrote:
    i didnt mean to make fun of your opinion . but saying that the only reason i like getting various things done to my car is because i seek attention is just wrong .

fair enough I was a bit general and stereotyped a bit there but the average "modified" car you see is done for attention seeking, with a musical horn, loud exhaust etc...
    eireal wrote:
    Whats pathetic about it?If there doing no harm and causing no annoyance then leave them be.Personally id prefare to put 200e into my car on something that ill actually see or get a benifit from rather than wasting it in a pub and pissing it up against a wall on a saturday night tbh.

actually they are very annoying, generally driving dangerous and acting like ejits on the road, not very sensible when your gonna have drunk people around.

If i was going to spend 75k on a 206 then i'd hope it would turn out looking better than them two cars....but again thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are so many better cars you can buy for €75,000. those yokes are just pure tack!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Both cars in question are Pug Gti 180bhp. The were both in England and shipped to Ecosse to be modified. Each car has received a widearch kit that widens the car by 5 inches. The bodykits on each car are actually custom jobs that Ecosse will never produce again.

As for going over speed bumps both cars have been fitted with Ecosse hydalics which can either drop the car so the chassis is sitting on the deck or raise it up to the height of a 'normal' car.

Believe it or not the NOS tanks are real and are connected. They are not thermos flasks with sticker fromthe latest edition of max power. I have seen both engines close up and saw all the connections.

So what if the cars are not o you taste. I dont like Renault Safrane's or Volve 260' but I dont come on here taking the piss outta them. Both owners worked hard for their money and should be allowed spend it as they see fit. If they decide to blow 75k on building two of the best show cars ever to grace this country who are we to argue.

Would you be saying the same thing if I bought a mazda rx7 and splurged 100k+ on a Veilside Fortune bodykit and single turbo conversion??? I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

bspoke wrote:
    ...Would you be saying the same thing if I bought a mazda rx7 and splurged 100k+ on a Veilside Fortune bodykit and single turbo conversion??? I doubt it

Actually I would. If you have that kinda money spare I'd say go racing properly instead of playing hotwheels with real cars. I think theres more fun ways of using your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Don't know why everyone is complaining so much.
    There is already a 350,000 206 in ireland for the past year or so.
    75000 is penuts compared to that.

Live and let live..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Posting " 75k euro for a 206" is asking for comment. Otherwise why post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

A €350,000 206 in Ireland?

I presume it's an ex-WRC car(?) That would be WORTH 350 grand - a state-of-the-art competition car, possibly driven by one of the WRC stars. €75,000 for a tarted up chav-mobile is something else entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

crosstownk wrote:
    Now thats street cred - so much more refined than the usual attempts that are more commonplace. Still, I wouldn't but one. I still prefer my Passat TDI auto.

I'm getter sadder as I get older. Not too many years ago (ok, it's a good few) I'd have jumped at one of these - if Daddy was loaded.
    Wow, that's just plain ridiculous. 75k for a 206, doesn't make sense! The posibilities..!!!

I'm only seventeen (apparently I'm supposed to be into this boy racer bullsh*t at my age hehe) but I'd still much rather a tdi Passat or A4... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

cianclarke wrote:
    Wow, that's just plain ridiculous. 75k for a 206, doesn't make sense! The posibilities..!!!

I'm only seventeen (apparently I'm supposed to be into this boy racer bullsh*t at my age hehe) but I'd still much rather a tdi Passat or A4... :confused:

not everyone is the same, everyone has different tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Really awesome looking cars, fair play, properly modded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Really awesome looking cars, fair play, properly modded.

from pictures it might look crap but you have to see itto believe it.i seen the yellow one today.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

drdre wrote:
    not everyone is the same, everyone has different tastes.
    Yeah fair enough - certainly not my thing, and I can't see the sense in it, but hey - if they're happy... *Shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

These are uk show cars, probably straight from ecosse. I doubt you'd even get insured in these cars over here and there are so many nicer cars you could spend your money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

They ar IRISH show cars bilt by Ecosse to the customers specification and yes they are both fully insured to drive in this country.

At the end of the day they are show cars designed to win shows. The are going to sweep up in the irich shows (pity the judges trying to pick between the two) both cars were on the Ecosse show stand at the recent Paris tuning show (all expenses paid trip) and AFAIK they will also be on the Max Power stand at the MP show in the summer. They are obviously doing exactly what they are designed for.

Sumo Power spent mental money tuning a R34 Skyline to beat all comers on the drag strip. Goal achieved the car was retired. The money spent will never be recouped but it did exactly what the owner wanted it to do and he was happy - the same as the owners of these two cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

seen the green one in sandymount a few days ago. nice car , looks better in pics though i think.

still for 75k u could get somethin a lot nicer looking!

but fair play ! ..whatever floats ur boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

When I had my Golf lowered and the bodykit done, I spent about €400 every 2 months retouching the front bumper and splitter cos of stone chips etc. I couldn't afford to get the skirts done..

I can only imagine how much it'll cost to maintain each car whilst driving on these crap-ass roads!

Lovely lookin, but as someone said earlier - they are only 206's. But Ecosse mainly deals with Peugeot so I guess they served a purpose.

Advertisement