Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digi web problems

• 28-04-2006 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Yesterday I got set up on digi webs metro broadband service. I mainly play online games and so far this is fine. However I use VOIP programs such as ventrilo and teamspeak and for some reason I am getting massive lag my vent ping jumps from 39-91221 which is mental. On my DSL it never got higher than 50. if anyone is having the same problems could they post hear and if someone has found a fix please let me know as I am about ready to send it all back to them. I have not had a chance to ring them but ill will be doing it first thing in the morning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Are you connected direct to the Modem or are you using any kind of router / wifi?
    Are you using XP and recently changed Firewall or run upate or have autoupdate on XP?

VOIP is usually peer to peer once a connection is made. Try it to other users. I got perfect Skype to South Africa but to a user on a different Wireless provider to my own in Limerick 1750ms round trip!

If the problem is your own connection you would notice on games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 soulslayer

Windows xp is up to date, and gaming runs perfect. its only with Viop programs like ventrilo and team speak. My pc is perfect iv even set it up with a m8's dsl and it ran great. The connection is coming straight from the out side digital box into the modem and into my pc

Advertisement