Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro atx psu

Options
  • 28-04-2006 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

Why is it impossible to get one of these with over 300 watts? Do the normal atx psus fit in the in a mico case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

bush wrote:
    Why is it impossible to get one of these with over 300 watts? Do the normal atx psus fit in the in a mico case?

beacuse of the physical size of them... i dont think a normal psu will fit in a micro atx, in fact im almost positive.
    got a link to the case you had in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

gline wrote:
    beacuse of the physical size of them... i dont think a normal psu will fit in a micro atx, in fact im almost positive.
    got a link to the case you had in mind?

Its an old emachines pc I was thinking of updrading, im trying to do it as cheeply as possible.
    Surely there must be some higher watt m atx psus around somewhere, dell and the likes are hardly putting 250 - 300 watt psus in their higher spec pcs these days are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

bush wrote:
    Its an old emachines pc I was thinking of updrading, im trying to do it as cheeply as possible.
    Surely there must be some higher watt m atx psus around somewhere, dell and the likes are hardly putting 250 - 300 watt psus in their higher spec pcs these days are they?

i have never seen a higher wattage than 350 for a micro atx psu

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have seen a lot of Micro ATX cases that will take a Standard ATX PSU.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ill try putting the psu from my pc into it to check, hopefully it will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement