Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Summer Ice-cream

• 28-04-2006 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Getting into the summer weather soon, whats your favourite ice-cream or lolly? Well as a kid all we could afford was Mr.Freeze or Sparkles, but when I got older I began to start buying Brunch and Feast. There are so many good ones :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

I reckon any of the 'pops you had as a kid are cool. Feast, fat frog, the ever venerable wibbly wobbly wonder. I dont like the way so many ice creams seem to be more adult based these days, for example Magnums. On the subject of Magnums, judging by the weird looking half dead female empowered boxing zombies they now have in their ads, whoever does their marketing should really be shot with a cowpat gun. Do they really think that the dead coming back to life and showing signs of a violent temperament and empowerment will make people want ice cream?
    then again, maybe that does appeal to the masses, and its just me who is strange.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anything with plenty of chocolate for me.. Magnum double choc and Feasts are my fave :D I cant stand plain ice creams like golly bars.. they just don't do it for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

I really like those new Crunchie Blast ice creams, but on a hot summers day, there is nothing really as refreshing as a super split.

Simple ice creams are nicer than luxury ice creams on a hot day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm a bit partial to the White Magnum - but every now and then I buy 'kids ice-pops'. In fact as it's sunny out now I think I'll nip around to the shop. It'll be my first root in the ice cream freezer this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Magnum is always good!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders or Loop The Loops.

Otherwise a Brunch or an Iceberger.

I'm one for the classics, so I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ooh, Icebergers, I love them! When I was little, either an iceberger or brunch would be my 'treat' ice cream if we were away for a day. Otherwise, we had lots of fat frogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Twisters are my alltime fave :)
    I dont much like chocolate icecream, makes me too thirsty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

lately ive been getting magnum whites, so good.

but they are quite pricey so i will end up going with twisters and brunch's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

anything except mint ice cream or wibbly wobbly wonders and i love em...remebr JR's????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Some days a "Golly Bar" just hits the spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

A Feast but on days I wasn't feeling chocolately, then a good old-fashioned Strawberry Split. Never see them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

Ruu wrote:
    Getting into the summer weather soon, whats your favourite ice-cream or lolly? Well as a kid all we could afford was Mr.Freeze or Sparkles, but when I got older I began to start buying Brunch and Feast. There are so many good ones :)

anyone notice how much smaller fat frogs were when they re-released them?.......or was it because our hands got bigger. And the ultimate goal of getting a super split was to eat the orange coating off without damaging the ice cream underneath

And the ultimate goal of getting a super split was to eat the orange coating off without damaging the ice cream underneath
    so true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Too right :) the orange coating to quench the thirst and then enjoy the ice-cream, tasty indeed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

nah, orange splits meant you had orangey icecream, not so nice.

ill be living on icebergers again this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

gotta go with brunches and feasts, though a straw berry cornetto was good too, and lim calippo's on those really hot days, i love ice pops!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

crosstownk wrote:
    Some days a "Golly Bar" just hits the spot!

never a truer word spoken. Can you still buy them? I thought they would have had to change the name after Lyons had to get rid of their gollies. (Whats the plural of golly? Whats the collective name? a troup of gollies? A herd of gollies? A gang of gollies just sounds wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Those plain Ice lollies are just....TOO plain! I used to love them as a small kid, sparkles and those milk pops especially, so cheap but so delicious. Still alright too, but I wouldn't and haven't bought one in years.

Ones I love are Magnums and Brunches....hmmmmmmmm.

I also have to confess I absolutely love Mr. Freezes and all the clones like magic sticks (its all frozen ice, whats the difference!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

bring back sparkles, all is forgiven

• Advertisement

although i have a tendancy to get addicted to calippos and their foreign eqivilant when on my holiers .. mmm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gerry_J

Last night and into the early hours of this morning I went in search of a tub or two of Haagen-Dazs Baileys ice cream and to my amazement there was absolutely none to be found in either the late night shops or late night Tescos. Does any one know where I could get the 500ml tubs, as your help is greatly appreciated.

PS If you haven’t tried the new (LE) Strawberries & Marc De Champagne, you should.

Avoid tesco value ice loll's like the plague! they taste like super watered down mr. freezes!

i need to find a nice water ice only iceloll for this summer, the capri's they had last year are off the market :(

Advertisement