Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bourbon Chicken

• 28-04-2006 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Ive had this recently and found it so tasty, so I googled a few recipes and wondered has anyone else tried this delish dish? :) Hopefully I'll get to try it out in a few days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

What is it? Do you have a recipe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well bourbon is a type of liquour, so its cooked in that but it doesnt taste like alcohol really, its tasty. I could only get this recipe online because I only get it when Im out in the restaurants. If you want to try it and let me know how it goes.
    4 lb. chicken fryer, cut into pieces
    1/4 c. butter, melted
    1/4 c. bourbon whiskey
    1 med. onion, diced
    2 tbsp. minced parsley
    1 tsp. thyme
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1/2 c. bourbon whiskey
    1/4 c. heavy cream

Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan and brown the chicken pieces well on both sides. When browned, add 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey and ignite. When the flame has burned down and the diced onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey. Mix in well, cover the pan and cook over low heat 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Just before serving add the heavy cream to the sauce and stir well into the juices in the pan. Serves 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

cups? heavy cream?

I think that recipe would need a visa to enter the country.

You just have no measurement skillz:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Ruu wrote:
    You just have no measurement skillz:rolleyes:
    so what is a 'cup' in metric

a link that shows cups in real measurements
    http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/units/volume/volume.cup.en.html

• Advertisement

Ahah that works too, I just got the recipe of google (dont blame me) :p, if anyone wants the recipe in metric measurements google it :)Another measurement site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

No way am I putting cream, heavy or otherwise, in my bra.

Metric pleeeze!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It's an american recipe they do things "differnt 'round tham thar parts", whatever that means.

At least it's not a tin of this and a can of that like the last US recipe we had here, was thinking to myself, why not just buy a can of what you are making cos it all came out of cans anyway.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

What REALLY pisses me right off is the fact that the 'cup' system isn't based on weight, but on volume. So a cup of liquid will be heavier than a cup of marshmallows, obviously.

Ruu, there is no point in using that rolleyes. There is no skill one can acquire to translate 'cups' into proper measurements, unless we all go around memorising the weights for a given volume of a given density, or all the different densities, and then memorising which density each food stuff was, and the difference if the recipe called for packed or loose.

OR, you can just all invest in a set of measuring cups from the pound shop, like me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

That recipe sounds gorgeous Ruu.

I'd like to give it a shot. But I've two questions though!

What is 'heavy cream'?

Can I cook the chicken and set it alight in a regular skillet on a ring hob??

many thanks!

• Advertisement

I havent a clue sorry, I just tasted it when I was in a restaurant, hoped someone else knew how to make it and that recipe I posted was from google. I still haven't tried to make it myself. Hopefully someone can help you out, rsta. :)

Advertisement