Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux: A European Threat to [American] Computers

• 28-04-2006 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?

I would have said it was OSX...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ha!
    The comments are hilarious too.
    First one:
    Hi Tristan.
    Thanks for your article.
    I agree once again.
    The name alone (LINUX) sounds kind of queer to me!
    It's just some primitive European substitute for a real operation system like the mighty Windows XP.
    Also I would like to mention that Apple's 'Mac Os X' is a real threat, too. This damn extrem leftwing company is giving millions to the democ-rats!!!
    Also I suspect that this Mac OS is sending personal information to Apple and other communist companies and organizations!
    Kindest of regards,
    Shelley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.
    I can just see Osama crying over his pirate copy of Bambi now...

My post has been edited... g'wan;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

lol, I hope that its just a troll site.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/linux-european-threat-to-our-computers.html
    Yes, Linux is a primative European clone; It is much less capable than Windows. In fact it omits features that were standard in Windows back in 1998; For example Linux has no built-in anti-virus or anti-spyware software.
    Great article! However, it should also be noted that WWW, most likely the most common way of using the Internet, was created by a group of liberalist hippies from Switzerland, a country that has never been involved in warfare. Remember: when you surf the Internet, you are supporting communism!
    I am a Great British subject of Her Majesty the Queen and I can state categorically and exclusively that it was Linux carried by an immigrant from Arabia that gave Bird Flu to the swan in Scotland. Swan's are owned by her Majesty and it was that evil coalition of Arabs and Linux trying to bring down our noble monarch on her birthday which caused this.

I need to sit down now.
    Now that we are telling out secrets: in fact, VISTA stands for:
    - Viruses
    - Intruders
    - Spyware
    - Trojans
    and
    - Adware
    Did you think about this little fact: many of Microsoft's employees, the ones writing the source code that you cannot see but that run on most military and federal government desktops, are foreign nationals who either gave green cards or are here on H-1B visas. Interesting that you don't take this into account.
    If Osama uses Linux - please ask him if he got flash to work? It is a real pain in the ass.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

American siege mentallity.
    Next time somebody asks you how Al Queda agents pay for their rifles and rocket launchers, you can tell them that foreign hackers make software called Linux which helps them steal from Americans.

What ??? I dont work for Al Queda!
    If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.

I can do that on OSX and Windows and its easy.

This Linux problem is a growing issue, and one that conservative Americans cannot afford to ignore. Fortunately Microsoft have prepared a great deal of information to help computer users get away from this menace.

Shoddy hardware with vxe loadble drivers are what do this GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Menace !!!!!!!!!

What kind of Facist crap is this.
    If you see a company using Linux, it may be that they have not paid for this software. Report them to the Business Software Alliance who have the legal authority to inspect any company's computers for illegal programs like Linux.

Its opensource GPL GNU how can it be illegal

Americas a free country with these muppets in charge. Free my balls

Russians used to pull this crap

pp_rus_04.jpg

It title translates to
    "Enemy at the Gates"

:~)
    You tell 'em!
    Did you leave a comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It fills me with great pride to know that I'm one of the biggest threats to American Computers in the country...

• Advertisement

It fills me with great pride to know that I'm one of the biggest threats to American Computers in the country...
    So,uh,who's setting up the Al Qaeda Linux User Group?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Done.

Burned all my Minux products and I am now wearing a bandana.
    Let's get those commies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Karoma wrote:
    So,uh,who's setting up the Al Qaeda Linux User Group?
    Durka Durka Muhammad Jihad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You cannot even get Front Page for Linux.
    Linux is that bad.
    HAHAHAHA I haven't laughed so much in a long time.
    Oh and look here, guess what OS that site is hosted on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Thanks blowfish was too peed to check the server os

thumbs up on the iorany

Plus its vxd not vxe dam red anger type stuff
    Bad Nutjob!!!!

How the hell do i leave a comment under this article
    it keeps dragging me back to some other ill founde crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finland to be invaded, followed by google hq at Palo Alto?

More of the same

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Damn that was just... wow. Some people live in a very different reality from the rest of us. Anyway had a look at the site and the author is either taking the p*** or a few step removed from reality and as such is hardly worth listening too.

NutJob wrote:

How the hell do i leave a comment under this article
    it keeps dragging me back to some other ill founde crap
    You cannot leave a comment now. The author put a stop to the comments for some odd reason.

/hands out petrol. You know where their embassy is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Like most things that are worth owning, Computers are an American invention.
    I thought it was a British invention.

The troll-o-meter is off the scale tbh

The troll-o-meter is off the scale tbh
    Shhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

She has now added a "factual comparison" to her site. The "latest version of Linux" she has is RedHat 3.0 that they had to install from floppies. OT, but check out her entry on curing a gay dude of his homosexual tendencies. This chick is brilliant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

That had me in stitches.
    'This alcoholic user has linux installed on his laptop'. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Yeah i've actually bookmarked it. Theres actually a new one up about how evil germans are, that site gives me hours of entertainment. She quoted this on her site
    Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

[edit] By far my favourite quote
    "Hallucinations from excessive use of Linux might be similar to those of LSD or pot."
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I love the bit about "Netscape Navigator, the new web browser from Firefox" :)

I can't believe the number of people who took the article seriously.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Blowfish wrote:
    HAHAHAHA I haven't laughed so much in a long time.
    Oh and look here, guess what OS that site is hosted on?
    http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2006/05/shelleytherepublicancom-hosted-on.html
    *Update:** This problem is now fixed, this website is now hosted on Windows 2003. I feel a lot better already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Windows 2003 cunningly disguised as Apache on FreeBSD? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

And here I thought Andrew K/MasterTech/GeneralAres (firefox myths author) was funny. Shelly and Tristian take the bistcuit :D

*bookmarks site for future entertainment*

And while on the subject of entertainment:
    [url]Http://spreadinternetexplorer.com[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

that blog is full of rubbish in more ways that just the Linux some of the political arguments are pathetic

• Advertisement

Jakkass wrote:
    that blog is full of rubbish in more ways that just the Linux some of the political arguments are pathetic
    hanged.gif

Advertisement