Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom-Broadband only no fixed line rental

• 28-04-2006 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi, Ive been searching this site, eircoms site and on the web and cant find the answer.

Does anyone know if Eircom will supply broadband only; if I cancel my fixed line??

thanks for your help

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi, Ive been searching this site, eircoms site and on the web and cant find the answer.

Does anyone know if Eircom will supply broadband only; if I cancel my fixed line??

thanks for your help

you need a telephone line to get the type of bb that Eircom supply. so the answer is no because by cancelling your fixed line you would be making it impossible for those nice peopel at Eircom to deal with your request.

If you want to get rid of your fixed line and get bb then you are restricted to wireless with metro being the realistic option or NTL for cable.

Or if you are lucky enough to be in an area which has a Smart enabled exchange you could hang on to your fixed line and get your bb from Smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

BT Ireland does very good line rental inclusive deals for broadband. They can be a serious pain to deal with but the service seemingly works spot on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blaster99 wrote:
    BT Ireland does very good line rental inclusive deals for broadband.
    They can be a serious pain to deal with but the service seemingly works spot on.

If this can be stated of them for so long (and we are talking years here) then they simply do not deserve any recommendation whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

dub45 wrote:
    If this can be stated of them for so long (and we are talking years here) then they simply do not deserve any recommendation whatsoever.

Ya, a tenner sure isnt worth the hassle you need to go through every time you get a fantasy bill...

NH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

No way I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Freddie59 wrote:
    No way I would say.

They would happily sell satellite broadband to a duck.

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/images/two_way_satellite.ppt

yes way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Sponge Bob wrote:
    They would happily sell satellite broadband to a duck.

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/images/two_way_satellite.ppt

yes way.

How old is that presentation....5 years?

Honestly though tell me its at least 5 years out of date!!!

====
    Edit
    ====

Just checked the date:
    Created:1999
    Last Saved:2005
    Last Printed:2004

And it was created by Erik Hansson....a Swede taking the piss?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

zuma wrote:
    ...a Swede taking the piss?

But thats all you can get from eircom if you have no landline, as for taking the piss thats free :p

Advertisement