Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake tan disaster: urgent!

• 28-04-2006 7:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Please don't give out to me: I'm not proud.

I gave in to I-don't-know-what and used a wipe on self tan to make me look less transparent. Just on my legs because I hate the stuff and I haven't a clue how to apply it. Now, predictably enough, I'm all streaky, and I'm going to a wedding tomorrow in a knee length skirt. I'm an idiot.

Any solutions? Otherwise it's tights - which I should have just stuck with from the beginning!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Apparently toothpaste applied to the skin will fade out out fake tan.No.7 used to do a fake tan fade out cream years ago,not sure about now.

Go into Boots and ask,I'm sure some other brands do... meantime keep exfoliating your skin to take the layer of tan off...just be sure to apply a good moisture after,to avoid any redness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You can also try rubbing lemon onto your legs - can be really good with getting rid of fake tan!
    As far as I know as well St. Tropez does a fake tan remover, have seen it in Roches Stores.
    Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Milton-the baby bottle disenfectant is the only thing that takes it off. You'll have to scrub though. Dont worry just go with the tights and no one will notice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Live with the shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Wear the tights. Make sure they're nice ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Clinique clarifying lotion will do the job too, if you happen to have any lying around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chispa

Thanks a million all of you - I guess I feel a little less stupid now. Will continue to scrub with lemon juice, and whatever bits of chemicals I can find lying around the house, and go with the tights tomorrow. (What an idiot!!)

Incidentally, since everyone's been so sympathetic, understanding and genuinely helpful... what exactly do you mean by nice tights? I'm wearing a red polka dot swingy skirt and red sandals, so I can't get away with anything dramatic... was going to go with bog standard sandal toes. Which I'll have laddered by midday.

It's so hard to be a girl! I'm crap at it!

But thanks a million again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Your outfit sounds lovely!
    I think they mean by 'nice tights' a well fitting pair [not gathering around the ankles etc.:)] that are a natural shade and not a false beigy colour. Pop a spare pair in your handbag for later in case they do get laddered they roll up into nothing and I'm sure you'll squeeze em in.
    Have fun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

A sure fire way to get rid of it completly is that Veet hairremoval that you leave on for 10 mins and then wash off. I -foolishly! - put this on once after putting on tanning lotion the night before. I just put it on below the knee, waited the allocated time and washed it off in the shower. Lo and behold - perfect two tone legs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Scraggs wrote:
    Your outfit sounds lovely!
    I think they mean by 'nice tights' a well fitting pair [not gathering around the ankles etc.:)] that are a natural shade and not a false beigy colour. Pop a spare pair in your handbag for later in case they do get laddered they roll up into nothing and I'm sure you'll squeeze em in.
    Have fun!
    Indeed, its always handy to have a spare pair with you. But in case you are as bad as me and end up laddering the second pair too keep a bottle of clear nail polish in your handbag too and then if you happen to get a tiny hold in them dab a little of this on and it stops the hole getting bigger and laddering all the way up.
    Enjoy the wedding;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

For weddings and things, I usually go with a really sheer, natural looking pair of tights/ holdups. I just think they look better for formal things, and I usually spend a little (maybe €10 or so) on them to make sure I get a pair that fit will.
    They give that lovely shimmery effect to your legs! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Oooh, not sure if tights will go with the outfit you're wearing (and sandals) by the sounds of things! St. Tropez does a really good tan remover, I'd go and get that asap if I were you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Dellgirl2 wrote:
    A sure fire way to get rid of it completly is that Veet hairremoval that you leave on for 10 mins and then wash off. I -foolishly! - put this on once after putting on tanning lotion the night before. I just put it on below the knee, waited the allocated time and washed it off in the shower. Lo and behold - perfect two tone legs!

My sister did that and she ended up with her legs covered in burnt, flaky reish/purple skin because the veet and the fake tan reacted! How did it not happen to you?!

You should shave your legs and exfoliate - the fake tan is on the top layer of skin so should come off with exfoliation. If it doesn't all come out you could try spray on tights because it will probably be too warm for tights tomorrow! Or maybe you could go to a beauticians (or a trusted friend!) to get the fake tan done properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

As well as exfoliating, they haveing an really hot bath / shower as it'll open the pores even more and so more of the fake tan will leave your skin. If you are going to get teh stuff in Roches they open early enough for a sunday I'm nearly sure it's 11:00 for the store on Henry St.

I know it might sound like a stupid idea (it's coming from a bloke after all, actually why am I even reading this thread), but if you can't get rid of it, could you get someone experience in using the wipes to apply more of it and cover the streak's.

Either way, have a great day tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would buy some instant fake tan and cover over the mistakes. Sunshimmer in light is a nice colour. Only problem is, if it rains, it'll run down your legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chispa

Quick note to say thanks a million everyone for all your help. In the end it had faded a great deal by Saturday morning (thanks to hot baths, exfoliation, lemon juice, occasional desperate scrubbing and the fact that I hadn't really put on that much in the first place); but as it was actually quite chilly, I wore the tights anyway. Didn't rip them till after the dinner, when nobody could possibly have noticed. For the rest of the summer, it's Johnson's holiday skin religiously every morning.

Thanks again everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Oooh, not sure if tights will go with the outfit you're wearing (and sandals) by the sounds of things! St. Tropez does a really good tan remover, I'd go and get that asap if I were you
    sandal toe tights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Go Goth? Dark nylons?

Advertisement