Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC: Tito v Ken........ back on

• 28-04-2006 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From wrestlingobserver:

n a somewhat surprising bit of news, the Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz match is back on for 7/8 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas.

After being examined about his bad leg, Ortiz was told he had a fractured fibula, and not a serious ACL tear. He will be down for six weeks, and attempted to get the match postponed to August. After talking with Dana White tonight, he decided to keep the original date, coming two weeks after this season's Ultimate Fighter TV show ends.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

cant wait to see this, the ortiz v griffen fight was unreal. although i cant say i like tito, i cant see him losing to shamrock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

But think of all the steak Shamrock eats. He's unstoppable if he keeps eating steak.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i reckon he'll need a few big ones to bring down the swelling on his face if its anything like the last time!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

this is good news......
    i would much rather see this than griffin vs ken...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Should be a great fight - im gonna go with Tito though (providing he recovers properly from the injury) regardless of how much steak Ken eats. Shamrock is 42 and past his prime IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Woah, deadly. I was lookin forward to Griffin/Shamrock, but I'd been looking forward to this even longer before that. Either match is great I think. Hopefully they can still get an interesting opponent for Griffin too, that would make it a show to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    Woah, deadly. I was lookin forward to Griffin/Shamrock, but I'd been looking forward to this even longer before that. Either match is great I think. Hopefully they can still get an interesting opponent for Griffin too, that would make it a show to watch

They have Syliva V Arlovsky for UFC 61 too. I'd imagine they might save Forrest for the ppv after that. No point in giving too much away if people are willing to pay to see him a month later.

I think a re-match with Stephan Bonnar would work right now. The winner of that faces the winner of Ken v Tito and then the winner goes on to face the winner of Chuck Lidell and Babulu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

They have Syliva V Arlovsky for UFC 61 too. I'd imagine they might save Forrest for the ppv after that. No point in giving too much away if people are willing to pay to see him a month later.

I think a re-match with Stephan Bonnar would work right now. The winner of that faces the winner of Ken v Tito and then the winner goes on to face the winner of Chuck Lidell and Babulu.
    I wish they would go with Sylvi Vs Mirr instead. Sylvia challenged Mir after his win, and while it is true that Arlovski should get a rematch, Mir never even got to lose his strap! He deserves a title shot more than anyone.

Wacker wrote:
    I wish they would go with Sylvi Vs Mirr instead. Sylvia challenged Mir after his win, and while it is true that Arlovski should get a rematch, Mir never even got to lose his strap! He deserves a title shot more than anyone.

Yeah but he came back and looked a shadow of himself. That accident really took it out fo him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

From wrestlingobserver:

n a somewhat surprising bit of news, the Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz match is back on for 7/8 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas.
    just a quick question does 7/8 mean 7th of august or is it the ass backward american format of July 8th, i definitely don't want to miss this

• Advertisement

I think its backwards over there (or over here depending on your point of view). So its July.

Advertisement