Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting Down a Marker

• 28-04-2006 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

This forum is becoming a very grey area for spam and dubious 'advertising' of businesses via "I want feedback for my site" and "Contributors required for my site" or all the 'recommendations' for different printers, web designers.

The forum is for marketing and advertising discussion, not spam.
    You got a business you want boardsters to see? ... Stick it in your signature;)

Ban Hammer ready for use :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Personally I think it's good to see the feedback that is given to the various websites that people here put for critiqueing.

I agree there has been plenty of one post wonders looking to drum up business lately which is no use to anyone, but I wouldn't like to see opinions on how various businesses have put their websites together disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

telecaster wrote:
    Personally I think it's good to see the feedback that is given to the various websites that people here put for critiqueing.

I agree there has been plenty of one post wonders looking to drum up business lately which is no use to anyone, but I wouldn't like to see opinions on how various businesses have put their websites together disappear.

We're of similar thinking, so no need to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

any means of deleting the offending posts ?

leaving the "swap take that tickets " / " i have a business" / "rent my bike" posts here almost encourages others to do the same, even if they get locked the posts are still seen which if you are a spammer is mission accomplished !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Excellent, good to see this post culchie.. Heres to the forum being a more productive,interesting place..

Agree with growler, all offending posts should be locked to show its unacceptable..

suggest only calling this forum marketing.... the inclusion of the word "advertising" may be all that is seen.

• Advertisement

Good point Growler.

Marketing Strategy and Discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I would just call it 'Marketing'.

I would also bin the PR forum, its dead over there. Marketing would be enought to cover everything.

Marketing or Marketing Strategy would do fine imo .

Take it there is no way of deleting the offending threads Culchie ? seems a shame to keep giving the spammers any visibility.

I've put in a request to the 'powers that be' for a Marketing Forum, we'll wait and see.

I have deleted a load of threads, I haven't gone back too many pages, no point really.

Advertisement