Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstalling FEAR - can I backup my save games?

Options
  • 28-04-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Tried to patch FEAR and now it wont load. Im gonna reinstall, but I'm very far into the game and need to backup my saves. Is this possible? Had a look around my PC and couldnt find any.

Thanks,

Loobz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

IIRC the Fear savegames are in your documents folder, there should be a Monolith folder in there, then the savegames. I'd check, but I'm in work :) But I'm pretty sure they should be in your "my documents"/documents and settings area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i just checked there and for me they are in this folder
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR"

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i just checked there and for me they are in this folder
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR"

Excellent - couldnt find the folder at all - good work.
    koneko wrote:
    \o/
    Shimmy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

while we're on FEAR, why can't i make fear work after patching to 1.03? as soon as i patch it says i've the wrong disc inserted, despite the disc working fine 2mins before when i was on 1.0 retail version...

• Advertisement

FEAR has some annoying copy protection, might be something to do with that. Do you have anything like a no CD crack, or Alcohol 120%/daemon tools? Try setting your virtual drives to 0 in those apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no cracks or anything no. it works fine until i patch it up. looked on the sierra forums when it happened and i'm not the first person to suffer at this.. but there's no fix afaik

Advertisement