Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question

• 28-04-2006 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hope i dont get eatin alive here, But i'm having serious trouble getting screw back on a snooker ball. I'd say i'm above average on a pool table and have no problem making the white ball do what i want but on a snooker table i'm crap.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Generating screw on a cue ball is more to do with technique than the balls or cue etc. (although grip i.e chalk does help!). If you can generate screw with a poolball there should be no real reason why you can't on a snooker ball. The one thing I would say is that it may be a preception issue. The fact the a pool table is significantly smaller than a snooker table might mislead you into thinking that you can pump a red in around the pink spot from balk and screw back down to balk again!
    I would suggest practise really. Set up a line up and start off with the cue ball close to the target ball. If you have the technique (from a pool table) then you don't need me to tell you how to put screw on a ball, but as you get better try moving the cue ball further away from the target - bear in mind the further you get away the better you cue action needs to be to preform it!
    Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Potcher

thing is when i play screw on the cue ball like i would on a pool table the whit just seems to "skid " through the pot instead of coming back. I end up playing the shot like I put top spin on the ball!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

No reason to get "eatin alive" here.
    Sounds like the ball is too far away and the back spin is stoping before it hits the object ball. Try getting backspin off a ball closer to the cue ball. The further away the object ball the more power or wrist action you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Potcher

thanks lads for the suggestions.
    It's kinda mad how different snooker and pool are at the end of the day.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement